Brickyard the lamest race I've ever seen

JustTired

free at last.......
If I was Nascar, I'd be highly embarrassed. To call that a race is just plain wrong. It was a series of 10 lap dashes. Or more to the point, a tire test session. If I would have spent my hard earned cash to attend, I'd be furious.

As a driver or owner or sponsor....I would be calling for some sort of action. Such as cancelling all points awarded. As the second biggest race of the season, it was an embarrassment. JMO

ups79

If I was Nascar, I'd be highly embarrassed. To call that a race is just plain wrong. It was a series of 10 lap dashes. Or more to the point, a tire test session. If I would have spent my hard earned cash to attend, I'd be furious.

As a driver or owner or sponsor....I would be calling for some sort of action. Such as cancelling all points awarded. As the second biggest race of the season, it was an embarrassment. JMO

No kidding. How much lower can they go?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was very disappointing. Set aside a day to watch a race, and bam, every ten laps is a break. Might as well have went to the local dirt track. I thought my goodyears were flawed, those were trash. Did they not test?

ups79

Is there such a thing as a "good" NASCAR race?:peaceful:

No. After being fans for about 25 years, my wife and I 3 years ago started following NHRA.
It's terrible what the young France family has done to the sport of NASCAR.

brett636

I'm not a Nascar fan, but being a resident of Indy I do remember when the track was resurfaced in 2005 causing the F1 tire debacle that year. It just find it interesting that Nascar ran there in 2005, 2006, and 2007 on that same track surface and in 2008 they finally start having problems? It just makes no sense.

tourists24

Is there such a thing as a "good" NASCAR race?:peaceful:
there used to be rod..... I used to enjoy going to the races.... being there live makes a difference.... the way things have changed over the past 10+ years have taken away from what racing was...

Bristol race track is STILL a good one to be at live though... thunder valley

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I'm not a Nascar fan, but being a resident of Indy I do remember when the track was resurfaced in 2005 causing the F1 tire debacle that year. It just find it interesting that Nascar ran there in 2005, 2006, and 2007 on that same track surface and in 2008 they finally start having problems? It just makes no sense.

They ran a different car in 05,06&07

JustTired

free at last.......
there used to be rod..... I used to enjoy going to the races.... being there live makes a difference.... the way things have changed over the past 10+ years have taken away from what racing was...

Bristol race track is STILL a good one to be at live though... thunder valley

This is called the "corporate influence" and is being felt in every sport. It has ruined just about every aspect of the "true nature" of a sport. When they invest their money in a venture, they demand maximum return. The only way to achieve this for every sponsor is to make everyone the same. They call it "leveling the Playing field"......I call it boring. We no longer live in a society where "competition" is an acceptable outcome. It is all about exposure at the lowest cost possible. Getting more for less!