Bring on the concessions!!

Faceplanted

predictions for concessions for the next contract???

5 year top out?
Smaller % split wages?
Higher deductibles and worse coverage?
Same poverty level part time pay?

Let's hear em

Catatonic

Nine Lives
predictions for concessions for the next contract???

5 year top out?
Smaller % split wages?
Higher deductibles and worse coverage?
Same poverty level part time pay?

Let's hear em
A part-time job is not meant to provide an above-poverty income.
With that said,
Part-timers don't vote so they get screwed over by the drivers.

Faceplanted

With that said,
Tell that to the part timers making 8.50hr in the late 80s living large with their own apt and cars, I have spoken to many og's in my hub and all said the same. Part timers are not sitting across from the bargaining table talking wages. H20 is, and they obviously could care less. You union guys are so out of touch is comical

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Its hard to believe Canada is so content with what is going on right in front of their eyes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tell that to the part timers making 8.50hr in the late 80s living large with their own apt and cars, I have spoken to many og's in my hub and all said the same. Part timers are not sitting across from the bargaining table talking wages. H20 is, and they obviously could care less. You union guys are so out of touch is comical
I made the same as a driver when I was part time in the 70's so I understand.
The drivers are the ones selling part-timers down the creek without a canoe ... much less a paddle.
I got insurance after 60 days.
It was a great part time job.
Put me through college.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Part timers don't vote so they get screwed over by themselves, hope this helps
No, that's total :bsbullf:.
The Union negotiators rely on the locals to feed them needs and demands.
The Union local rely on the local members to feed them needs and demands.
The meeting attendees, aka drivers, are the ones that feed these needs and demands to their local.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Part timers don't vote so they get screwed over by themselves, hope this helps
Who sits across from ups at the negotiation table? Thanks to the union most part timers don't even understand what the union is, how and when to vote. This benefits the union as it keeps a revolving door of workers, it benefits ups as it keeps pension contributions coming in for pt. It's all done on purpose with back door deals

Also let me know when Canadians can complain to the nlrb about union issues....

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
With that said,

No. The drivers know what is best for them. Vote pt world. Then you could own every contract. If you don't, you get what you deserve. No votes equalls no improvement

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No. The drivers know what is best for them. Vote pt world. Then you could own every contract. If you don't, you get what you deserve. No votes equals no improvement
I guess ... that attitude is what kept blacks from working and eating with Whites until the 1950's.

Maybe it's not bigotry but it is morally reprehensible and drivers don't care about the part-timers.