Britain Stuns the World

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been watching CNN and they were talking about how if the British Parliament makes any laws, they have to be approved by the EU. One of the interviewees was saying how the European Union is a failure.

bbsam

Staff member
I've been watching CNN and they were talking about how if the British Parliament makes any laws, they have to be approved by the EU. One of the interviewees was saying how the European Union Was a failure.
True. Somehow economics and government were supposed to stay separate in the EU. Hasn't worked I the US that way either.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The market will recover in a couple weeks once everyone quits being nervous and understands the repercussions.
The UK is not going anywhere.
The citizens/businesses will still buy and sell
No way. I'm going to panic and sell. Put half under my mattress and buy gold with the rest.

rickyb

so julian assange supported the exit.
chomsky was against.
george galloway supported.
jeremy corbin was against.
i think max keiser supported.
joe stiglitz said the EU was never designed to work.
ClorHyOWAAAb4US.png

rickyb

Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

England has voted to leave the European Union causing US and world markets to plummet.

They had an amazing 72% voter turnout. If only we could have such a turnout here in the US. 52% voted for them to exit the EU. I wonder how much of this is a result of mass immigration....
you could its called mandatory voting. australia gets 98% turnouts by law. and you could put on the ballot "none of the above" as an option.

rickyb

How is Greece borrowing money supposed to be bailing out the banks? Its the other way around. The banks are just hoping to get their money back which is unlikely.
actually they got it back through the bailout and now greece owes to the ECB or something i forget. it was musical chairs, and since the money went to the banks, it wasnt actually a stimulus to the greek economy. just the opposite was imposed: austerity which shrunk the money supply and killed jobs, and shrunk the GDP making harder to pay back the debts which couldnt be paid back in full to begin with. greece followed the austerity and now they have neo nazi fascism including attacks (maybe killings) on immigrants, mass emmigration away, all kinds of suicides, and 26% unemployment.

on top of that, the greeks forgave the germans the debt they owed at the end of WWII, was hasnt the favor been returned? in addition, the germans stole alot the greeks gold during wwII, which the value of which would have more than paid for the debts. in addition, the greek dictator was the one responsible for running up most of the debts. therefore those debt should be paid as they are erroneous. the US supported the greek dictator surprise, surprise.

when you lend someone money, firstly its supposed to be prudent lending, which it wasnt in the case of greece; goldman actually covered up what they were doing, and secondly when you lend money your are bearing risk that you wont be paid back.

btw the greeks destiny is americas future.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
actually they got it back through the bailout and now greece owes to the ECB or something i forget. it was musical chairs, and since the money went to the banks, it wasnt actually a stimulus to the greek economy. just the opposite was imposed: austerity which shrunk the money supply and killed jobs, and shrunk the GDP making harder to pay back the debts which couldnt be paid back in full to begin with. greece followed the austerity and now they have neo nazi fascism including attacks (maybe killings) on immigrants, mass emmigration away, all kinds of suicides, and 26% unemployment.

on top of that, the greeks forgave the germans the debt they owed at the end of WWII, was hasnt the favor been returned? in addition, the germans stole alot the greeks gold during wwII, which the value of which would have more than paid for the debts. in addition, the greek dictator was the one responsible for running up most of the debts. therefore those debt should be paid as they are erroneous. the US supported the greek dictator surprise, surprise.

when you lend someone money, firstly its supposed to be prudent lending, which it wasnt in the case of greece; goldman actually covered up what they were doing, and secondly when you lend money your are bearing risk that you wont be paid back.

btw the greeks destiny is americas future.
:2scared:

I hope you are not serious!