Broken HT

sano

Ouch.
Did that leave a mark?
When you see a picture like that you just know there is a story there somewhere.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You had too much weight on it. The aluminum ones are more prone to breaking.

My first year of driving, I had about 300 pounds on one at a customer's dock while making a pickup. I tripped and the handle smashed my thumb to pieces. I left my thumbnail in back of the van and I was staring at my bone with the skin peeled back like a banana peel. I was on comp for three months.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
You had too much weight on it. The aluminum ones are more prone to breaking.

Back in the 70's we had steel hand carts that weighed at least 35 lbs. themselves. One day I was delivering to a trophy shop that was owned by a weight lifter. I had a shipment of marble trophy bases that I loaded on the cart. I couldn't tilt the cart back & the owner saw my predicament. He commented, "you dam skinny UPS drivers need to work out liftin' weights!" He helped me tilt the cart and as I was unloading the cart he started laughing. I asked what was so funny? He had the packing list in hand and he showed me the weight was 500 lbs.

He then commented if you deliver 500 lbs to one stop you probably handle a couple of tons just in deliveries every day.

BigBrownSanta

The max weight at UPS is 150 lbs. I do not load more than that on my 2 wheeler (3 boxes of paper max at a time). I would rather make multiple trips than load and unload a 2 wheeler. That's too much lifting and bending when I can tilt the 2 wheeler forward and pull it out from under the packages in one motion.

BinkyJones

The HT must of had hairline cracks that I hadn't noticed. It Snapped carrying 4 boxes of paper up a couple flights of stairs. Thought I was going to kill the people following me up when that thing let go.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The HT must of had hairline cracks that I hadn't noticed. It Snapped carrying 4 boxes of paper up a couple flights of stairs. Thought I was going to kill the people following me up when that thing let go.
I'm sorry for your loss,I know how close one can be with your 2 Wheeler!!! Please let us know when the services will be held !!!!!

We have at least two sets that look like that and a couple that the tongue plate os broken off, two or three sets with no rubber on the wheels, and a pair or two that are broken about mid way down. I couldn't begin to tell you how many sets have been repaired.This is close to what I am currently using.
F1-PLT-CA2-FN2-S1-high.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The max weight at UPS is 150 lbs. I do not load more than that on my 2 wheeler (3 boxes of paper max at a time). I would rather make multiple trips than load and unload a 2 wheeler. That's too much lifting and bending when I can tilt the 2 wheeler forward and pull it out from under the packages in one motion.
Ah hell, if ya balance it right you can load 6 cases easy!:happy-very:

Re-Raise

We have at least two sets that look like that and a couple that the tongue plate os broken off, two or three sets with no rubber on the wheels, and a pair or two that are broken about mid way down. I couldn't begin to tell you how many sets have been repaired.This is close to what I am currently using.
F1-PLT-CA2-FN2-S1-high.jpg

This one is light and easy to work with , but I have to have the tongue plate.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Most I've had on a HT is about 600 lbs. I had 12 cases of paper on the bad boy. Stack'em right and you can make it happen. usually the most I an put on is 6 cases.

dcdriver

nations capital
break 3 or 4 carts a year ,load them up in back of pkg car and bounce them of the back .Handcart will last only a few months.