Broken HT

My ctr we stay parked all day and the handcart is like your best friend.
In that case I bet it is, do you carry two HTs, just in case today is the day one breaks? Plus, I would think if you rely on them that much you would take better care of them. Bouncing a loaded HT out of the truck can cause alot of wear and tear, but you already know that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My ctr we stay parked all day and the handcart is like your best friend.

Handcarts are like gold in my center. We even have one driver who locks hers up at night. I had a customer who jokingly asked me if I owned my own HT--he noticed that I had written my last name on the name plate with a Sharpie.

Just curious, if your pkg car doesn't move all day, how do you break a hand cart other than by misuse?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My family and I were going on a trip which took us near DC. There is a highway (495), which is more commonly known as The Beltway, that bypasses DC and we must have seen 10 to 20 pkg cars sitting in rush hour traffic (heading east) in just the 1/2 hour or so that we were on that road (heading west). Not a single one of the drivers appeared to be frustrated so this is something that they must encounter on a daily basis. I get frustrated just trying to get out of the WalMart parking lot so I couldn't imagine dealing with that everyday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Upstate, I have to agree. I get frustrated with our 4pm rush hr and it is NOTHING compared to that. Uggg. Our pop. in 2003 was appr. 10,000. It might be up to 15,000 now. That is for one town, we actually have 7 different zips here.

rod

Retired 22 years
The guy that ran the welding shop on my route always told everyone that UPS put 2 of his kids through college from the income he got from welding my old steel HT all the time.:happy-very:

dcdriver

nations capital
My family and I were going on a trip which took us near DC. There is a highway (495), which is more commonly known as The Beltway, that bypasses DC and we must have seen 10 to 20 pkg cars sitting in rush hour traffic (heading east) in just the 1/2 hour or so that we were on that road (heading west). Not a single one of the drivers appeared to be frustrated so this is something that they must encounter on a daily basis. I get frustrated just trying to get out of the WalMart parking lot so I couldn't imagine dealing with that everyday.

LOL

rod

Retired 22 years
The guy that ran the welding shop on my route always told everyone that UPS put 2 of his kids through college from the income he got from welding my old steel HT all the time.:happy-very:

Come to think of it- they put one of my kids through college also just paying me to stand around and wait for the HT to be welded.:wink2:

Big Babooba

Handcarts are like gold in my center. We even have one driver who locks hers up at night. I had a customer who jokingly asked me if I owned my own HT--he noticed that I had written my last name on the name plate with a Sharpie.

Just curious, if your pkg car doesn't move all day, how do you break a hand cart other than by misuse?
You're not alone. In our building, when a car goes to the shop, you can be guaranteed that your hand truck will go missing. The procedure for procuring a replacement is obvious - go to the shop. If that fails, then methods employed in Mad Magazine's "Spy Vs Spy" comic need to be used.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're not alone. In our building, when a car goes to the shop, you can be guaranteed that your hand truck will go missing. The procedure for procuring a replacement is obvious - go to the shop. If that fails, then methods employed in Mad Magazine's "Spy Vs Spy" comic need to be used.

...in other words, a search of every pkg car until it is found!

satellitedriver

Back in the 70's we had steel hand carts that weighed at least 35 lbs. themselves.
I have one in my shop. Old style with the"tongue" flap that was held with a metal clip.
I did not steal it.:happy2:
I bought it at an estate/garage sale in the early eighties for $5.00.
I guess it just fell off a truck, (using my best Jersey accent, if you know what I mean, if not, keep your yap closed.)
I converted it to hold my small Oxy/Acet rig in my shop.
It still works great for moving around in tight areas.
I just noticed, that all my sentences in this post started with I.

Big Babooba

I have one in my shop. Old style with the"tongue" flap that was held with a metal clip.
I did not steal it.:happy2:
I bought it at an estate/garage sale in the early eighties for $5.00.
I guess it just fell off a truck, (using my best Jersey accent, if you know what I mean, if not, keep your yap closed.)
I converted it to hold my small Oxy/Acet rig in my shop.
It still works great for moving around in tight areas.
I just noticed, that all my sentences in this post started with I.
Wherdya get the handtruck?

I...I...I...I...I...I...I............:happy-very: