Broken mirror in bldg?

Climbingtheladder

I'm a qualified TCD and sat air driver. After sat run backing into parking spot that was tight! Prob 4 -5 inches clearance on either side I pushed my mirrors forward instead of pulled in . As I was backing up my angle was close and it pinched the mirror and cracked the glass portion of the smaller convex mirror. In a hub where new drivers get DQ for hitting a pkg car pulling out in the morning ( granted sup was in the passenger seat with them) kind of got me slightly worried they will try to pull some management BS and do the same to me. I know a mirror isn't a hugedeal and sup Said just don't worry about it still kind of worried it will be a different story if it falls into the wrong ears. What do you guys think?

PT Car Washer

I have broke lots of mirrors. Tell them what happened and hopefully the boss says to write it up on the DVIR and that will be the end of it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have a box full of mirrors in my satellite center that somehow migrated up to me from my old center. If I break one I just become a mechanic for a few minutes upon returning to the building. If you really need one I guess I can list one on ebay.

mdnj88

I broke the truck next to mine last week right in front of center manager. I thought he was gonna kill me but he used his keys to take one off a truck that wasn't being used and we fixed it together. He said were all good. I owe him one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mirrors break all the time, as does glass. I have had both side windows replaced and a few windshields.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've broken quite a few mirrors in my 18+ years of driving and have never had to report one to management. Wrote up in DVIR and replaced the next day.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You could always say nothing and blame it on the PT Car Washer.

I wonder how many times Car Washers (let's not kid ourselves, Car Parkers) have been blamed for scratches and broken mirrors. They leave plenty of that yellow fibrous material from the gas pump pylons all over the cars to make them suspect.

Not saying I've ever done that, just saying that I could. :)

Sent using a Potato

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Usually they look the other way over a mirror, they do break easy while "adjusting" them. I broke one with a new division manager once, she decided to charge me with it. She sent two supervisors out to take pictures of the tree branch I hit while driving up a long driveway (1/5 mile)during a thunderstorm. They even measured how long the driveway was to gripe about it. I would have made Circle of Honor two months ago, it cost me.

Usually they look the other way over a mirror, they do break easy while "adjusting" them. I broke one with a new division manager once, she decided to charge me with it. She sent two supervisors out to take pictures of the tree branch I hit while driving up a long driveway (1/5 mile)during a thunderstorm. They even measured how long the driveway was to gripe about it. I would have made Circle of Honor two months ago, it cost me.
Sorry scratch!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Where I'm from, we call this: :censored2: end of the stick.

You got robbed, sir.

Sent using a Potato