Brokerage fee

BUCN85

Today was a first in that I had a pkg with a brokerage fee with it. The customer wasn't home but..in this case who would they make their payment too. And what exactly is a brokerage fee

upschuck

Make out to UPS Brokerage. It is a combination of UPS "manpower" to clear customs, and the taxes the customs agent puts on that package. A low dollar amount package usually receives no charges.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Today was a first in that I had a pkg with a brokerage fee with it. The customer wasn't home but..in this case who would they make their payment too. And what exactly is a brokerage fee
If you read the prompt in the DIAD it tells you who they make the check payable to. It also supply's a phone number on who to call if they have questions about the fee.

BUCN85

If you read the prompt in the DIAD it tells you who they make the check payable to. It also supply's a phone number on who to call if they have questions about the fee.
Yea there was something the came up. But I believe the only thing it said was " For questions regarding fee please call..."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you stand there and wait while they make the call or do you give them the phone number and come back the next business day?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do you stand there and wait while they make the call or do you give them the phone number and come back the next business day?
If they have questions and disagree with the fee, I pass the number to them and leave, NR1. I have had to do that once out of all brokerage fee packages I've done.

oldngray

nowhere special
Brokerage fees are a real pain in the butt. Frequently the customer isn't expecting them and you have to waste time explaining to them. They will usually want to call someone to check on it while you are waiting. If you say you will be back tomorrow it is the usual they have to have it today story. Almost never will the customer have a check or even worse the money order ready when you make the first attempt.