brooklyn hub BS

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Primetimeups, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Primetimeups

Primetimeups New Member

Well news out of ny brooklyn hub foster ave is that part timers didn't get pay time and a half for hrs they work after 25... Also folks told me they worked on Saturday. All I know is that part timers is getting srew. the union is letting this pass....
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

So you called down to the hall, talked to your BA, and he said what?
  3. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I'm in Maspeth hub. We worked on Sunday the 27th. Not sure how the OT works. Have u been doubling, or just workin single shifts?
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is already a thread on this topic--it seems the union and UPS have agreed to let PTers work up to 8 hours without paying them OT.
  5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Only if they give us the 45 min break, which they've done on Monday's & Sun the 27th. Other days its been OT after 5 hrs
  6. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

Was this agreement in the Brooklyn bldg or nation wide? I didnt see the thread
  7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

It varies per supplements. In Upstate/Western Conference NY, if you volunteer for the extra work, you get OT after 8.
  8. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

your slipping thats the best answer you could give?
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

10. AcesUp804

AcesUp804 New Member

News out of Foster?? Thought you work there or is that BS also. Well I talk to the head preload steward Phil C and he said all part timers get paid every day time and a half after 5 hours. Why don't you go up to Phil and tell him that if you have the balls.......

11. CRASH501

CRASH501 New Member

Stop the whining! Use the 804 thread!