Brother got fired today

Abena

My brother lost his job today trying to defend himself. Another co worker threw a box at him and he pushed the guy and kicked him. Is it possible to get his job back with the unions help.He was told to come back and fill out paper work????

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
My brother lost his job today trying to defend himself. Another co worker threw a box at him and he pushed the guy and kicked him. Is it possible to get his job back with the unions help? He was told to come back and fill put paper work????
image.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Defending himself?

UPS has zero tolerance. He has a slim, very slim, chance. It is worth filing a grievance and begging for his job back.

I have seen a few come back for pushing someone else. Anger management classes before returning.

It does not seem to be an all out fight. A push and a kick.

I give him 95 to 1 on coming back

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Doesn't sound like self defense to me....
Then again, the best defense is a good offense?
"My assailant had an endless supply of boxes to throw so I had to take him out by kicking him."

Good luck to him at his next job, lesson learned hopefully.

Abena

Defending himself?

UPS has zero tolerance. He has a slim, very slim, chance. It is worth filing a grievance and begging for his job back.

I have seen a few come back for pushing someone else. Anger management classes before returning.

It does not seem to be an all out fight. A push and a kick.

I give him 95 to 1 on coming back
Thank you dear thats the paper work he is to fill out on thursday someone from the union called and set a meeting time for him to do the paper work. Thanks your ur input

Last edited:

Abena

Doesn't sound like self defense to me....
Then again, the best defense is a good offense?
"My assailant had an endless supply of boxes to throw so I had to take him out by kicking him."

Good luck to him at his next job, lesson learned hopefully.
Yes thanks so much for ur input

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Fighting. Stealing. What's the other one?

Any ways I've seen someone come back after getting into a fight with a girl. But he had 100 percent of the coworkers support. So good luck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I believe the contract says any "unprovoked" assaults on co workers is automatic termination. If he threw a box at him that sounds provoked. But thats for the union and ups to decide.... Also, they both should grow up

Abena

Fighting. Stealing. What's the other one?

Any ways I've seen someone come back after getting into a fight with a girl. But he had 100 percent of the coworkers support. So good luck.
Thank you hes a good guy never been late wrote up on vacation or no trouble on the job hes young just hope he has learned a lesson thank u

Abena

I believe the contract says any "unprovoked" assaults on co workers is automatic termination. If he threw a box at him that sounds provoked. But thats for the union and ups to decide.... Also, they both should grow up
Yes i agree grown the hell up this is your job ... Like seriously..thanks for the input