"BROTHERHOOD" in International Brotherhood of Teamsters has been Broken-RIP 2013

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With this contract, comes the reality that "we" are no longer a "BROTHERHOOD" of members. With posters like Stink, 407 steward, UPSUPSTATE, Hefferman and the like, we no longer show a concern for our brothers and sisters and the struggles in each local.

This contract has turned the "brotherhood" into the "International separatists Teamsters"

We didnt stand up for our retiree brothers and sisters whose healthcare costs are going to skyrocket. We didnt stand up for our part time brothers and sisters who will now have to wait 4 years to make top pay. We didnt stand up for our package drivers with better language on excessive overtime or technology usage.

Instead, the afformentioned "Teamsters" demonstrated the new look teamsters where they only concern themselves with whats best for them and them only.

WE are no longer a "BROTHERHOOD" if this contract passes as it stands today.

Today will be a long day of waiting, waiting to see if we are still in fact a BROTHERHOOD, or merely a bunch of people scrambling for what we can get as individuals.

Peace

TOS

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
People have every right to vote which way they want. Intellectual discussion to sway votes is wonderful, but most of what I read is manipulation/scare tactics/bullying. Sad.

I don't agree with the reasons some guys voted yes, nor do I agree with the reasons most of you voted no. I personally voted no for two primary reasons: #1) I will not accept any contract in which Article 7 language is not improved; e.g. no longer should the Company be allowed to discharge an employee who passes gas as "an Article 7 violation," and #2) The contract furthers the subsidies of PT & new employees to reach an incredibly high compensation for FTers; e.g. increased use of seasonals, casuals, temporary workers, PTers, etc. to pull FT work ... at half the wage; 50c wage hike for new hires, etc. Most of you voted no because you think you should be earning $150,000 as a delivery driver, which I think is insane, and likely to bankrupt the future of younger employees... but it's your vote, and your right. It's not like you really care about "brotherhood" as opposed to your own personal greediness. "I'm happy ... so why care about anybody else?"

People have every right to vote which way they want. Intellectual discussion to sway votes is wonderful, but most of what I read is manipulation/scare tactics/bullying. Sad.

I don't agree with the reasons some guys voted yes, nor do I agree with the reasons most of you voted no. I personally voted no for two primary reasons: #1) I will not accept any contract in which Article 7 language is not improved; e.g. no longer should the Company be allowed to discharge an employee who passes gas as "an Article 7 violation," and #2) The contract furthers the subsidies of PT & new employees to reach an incredibly high compensation for FTers; e.g. increased use of seasonals, casuals, temporary workers, PTers, etc. to pull FT work ... at half the wage; 50c wage hike for new hires, etc. Most of you voted no because you think you should be earning $150,000 as a delivery driver, which I think is insane, and likely to bankrupt the future of younger employees... but it's your vote, and your right. It's not like you really care about "brotherhood" as opposed to your own personal greediness. "I'm happy ... so why care about anybody else?"
I voted NO because of the healthcare. Also I want bagels in the morning. not donuts!!!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I voted NO because of the healthcare. Also I want bagels in the morning. not donuts!!!

We use to toss in a couple bucks each for daily coffee, doughnuts & bagels from a doughnut shop. Now they've replaced them with tacos from Taco Bell. At 3:30AM... I guess it could be worse: sliders from White Castle (but for a buck each? Really? What a rip off!)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With this contract, comes the reality that "we" are no longer a "BROTHERHOOD" of members. With posters like Stink, 407 steward, UPSUPSTATE, Hefferman and the like, we no longer show a concern for our brothers and sisters and the struggles in each local.

This contract has turned the "brotherhood" into the "International separatists Teamsters"

We didnt stand up for our retiree brothers and sisters whose healthcare costs are going to skyrocket. We didnt stand up for our part time brothers and sisters who will now have to wait 4 years to make top pay. We didnt stand up for our package drivers with better language on excessive overtime or technology usage.

Instead, the afformentioned "Teamsters" demonstrated the new look teamsters where they only concern themselves with whats best for them and them only.

Today will be a long day of waiting, waiting to see if we are still in fact a BROTHERHOOD, or merely a bunch of people scrambling for what we can get as individuals.

Peace

TOS

It's been debated ad nauseum !!!

All points from both sides from all positions have been made. Let the democratic process do it's thing !!

BTW, You might pay a dollar more for that Ritalin refill, so get that filled by August 1st !! :overreactsmiley:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Peace

TOS

Most of the whining about the contract is from those that had it better than us and are now being brought in line.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Most of the whining about the contract is from those that had it better than us and are now being brought in line.

"BEING brought in line" is that the new explanation for concessions? Is that what our retirees needed to have happen to them? Bring them into line with YOU?

Those retirees spent years in the trenches fighting the early battles for guys like you to simply hand them back to the company. What a hero you are to our retirees. I am sure they are applauding guys like you who think like this.

As the original post said, THIS isnt a BROTHERHOOD any longer.

Posts like yours demonstrates just that.

Its clear the part timers were sold out to the company by the teamsters so they could subsidize your $3.90 over 5 years. Hopefully, you have the balls to thank one of them for their sacrifice so you could get yours...

Peace

TOS

For you guys that think we have it better then you. Let me shed some light on the problem. I live in NJ. $90,000 in NJ does not look as good as it does in other states. That's why your healthcare is different. The states that are fight this TA, have a higher cost of living. This contract is going to screw us. I didn't ask to stay in a company plan. That is a up hill battle. 177 and other locals want to get the same plan model as the NE boys but are cost of living is much higher then there's. So do you see we needed your vote and you kicked us to the curb. We asked for your help and you said stop complaining and take this contract. It's a good one. Maybe for you. Some say home and family come before teamsters brother and sisters. Well I am doing that. I voted no because the healthcare needs to be better then they offered. I am thinking about my family before the yes voters.

​ I saved two months worth just in cause. If this TA gets voted down. Then all the yes voters are going to have to suck it up. Local 177 and the west coast needs better then this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Everyone is getting the $3.90. But don't forget about $5 per hour for H&W.

Again, the PART TIMERS are PAYING for it by having progression extended an extra year.. Maybe you dont get it, still. If you extend progression, then you TAKE money out of the part timers pockets!

Then, just like a slight of hand, you TAKE that money taken out of the pockets of the part timers and you spread it around the same people you stole it from.

THIS ISNT NEW MONEY STINK.

NEW MONEY, would be money that didnt come from someplace else. IF progression had remained the same, and then the company gave us $3.90, then , that would be NEW MONEY.

But somehow, guys like you think youre getting the BETTER OF THE COMPANY. :whatever:

get a clue bro.

Peace

TOS

The Milkman

:peaceful:

Peace

TOS

You are soooo Right!!!!!!!!!!!:peaceful:

The Milkman

:surprised:
For you guys that think we have it better then you. Let me shed some light on the problem. I live in NJ. $90,000 in NJ does not look as good as it does in other states. That's why your healthcare is different. The states that are fight this TA, have a higher cost of living. This contract is going to screw us. I didn't ask to stay in a company plan. That is a up hill battle. 177 and other locals want to get the same plan model as the NE boys but are cost of living is much higher then there's. So do you see we needed your vote and you kicked us to the curb. We asked for your help and you said stop complaining and take this contract. It's a good one. Maybe for you. Some say home and family come before teamsters brother and sisters. Well I am doing that. I voted no because the healthcare needs to be better then they offered. I am thinking about my family before the yes voters.

​ I saved two months worth just in cause. If this TA gets voted down. Then all the yes voters are going to have to suck it up. Local 177 and the west coast needs better then this.

I agree with you 100%..I moved out of Jersey because of the cost of living........:surprised: