"BROTHERHOOD" in International Brotherhood of Teamsters has been Broken-RIP 2013

Stonefish

Now that the contract has passed - I guess we all know what's coming in January? The dogs will be unleashed, like we have never seen before. management has been chomping at the bit. We are in a war, with no leadership. The second wave is on the way. Some of our brothers have no idea what's coming.
Glad I'm on my way out.
So don't stand up for yourself, don't file grievances over violations of the contract, don't stand next to your brother who is getting harassed to be a witness. Just blame it on not having the leadership that you elected

Ouch

Hey other side what do you have to gain by a yes or no vote? What will you lose? Being from the othed side you cant really expect us to believe you care?

Ouch

If you seriously think a new contract will keep ups from using part time drivers, working sups, and just plain disreguarding the contract language, get your head out of the sand. They just rather pay the penalty at least in my building.

Stonefish

If you seriously think a new contract will keep ups from using part time drivers, working sups, and just plain disreguarding the contract language, get your head out of the sand. They just rather pay the penalty at least in my building.
They are going to do what they do and if we don't grieve it they get away if we do it's only a fraction of what they get away with. You can have the best language in the world but if we don't enforce it nothing matters.

Ouch

The more work they do the more fun I have on vacation. It will never stop. People that do not file on these practice's are really missing out.

Ouch

Being a steward I would always give the part time union members first shot at sups working grievances. I believe personally they could prolly use the money. I had a part timer no kidding file a grievance everyday for like 2 weeks straight. They paid them no questions asked. They dont care.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LOCAL 396 has passed the rider and supplemental but with a marginal victory. Approximately 51% voted yes and 49% voted NO.

This shows the great divide that the Teamsters have caused within the membership.

With less than 150 votes, local 396 passed the contract. Members are unhappy with the contract, and of those voting YES, almost 50% voted yes just to end the hassle despite being unhappy with the contract and insurance.

Without a better option, YES voters know that moving forward will bring effective change to the teamsters and a better contract 5 years from now.

Peace

TOS

Everyone_has_a_Price

To say we are not a brotherhood/sisterhood his hyperbole. In every contract I have voted on concessions were made for improvements. When you look out over the economic landscape labor market this deal is fracken good. Go see what the Caterpillar workers got. The part-timers have and always will be a side show until they make full-time. Then they "get it." Full-time is a career and part-time is transitory.

In these tough economic times with union workers leverage at near record low's its a darn good deal and I voted proudly YES!

This has nothing to do with what Ups teamsters get or should get.

LOCAL 396 has passed the rider and supplemental but with a marginal victory. Approximately 51% voted yes and 49% voted NO.

This shows the great divide that the Teamsters have caused within the membership.

With less than 150 votes, local 396 passed the contract. Members are unhappy with the contract, and of those voting YES, almost 50% voted yes just to end the hassle despite being unhappy with the contract and insurance.

Without a better option, YES voters know that moving forward will bring effective change to the teamsters and a better contract 5 years from now.

Peace

TOS
It looks to me that Ron H did his job and that trolls like you will never stop. I salute H for standing up to you.

Stonefish

Peace

TOS
Looks like a lot of people disagree with you it passed by approximately 72% out there if you add everything up that I saw. That is not as divided as you say.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Looks like a lot of people disagree with you it passed by approximately 72% out there if you add everything up that I saw. That is not as divided as you say.

Again, another MATH fail.

The numbers for local 396, like i posted were as follows...

Covina Teamsters

JULY 1st vote NO: 1736 YES: 464

December supplemental 2nd vote: NO:1026 YES:1131
December Rider 2nd vote: NO: 1023 YES: 1126

Where exactly do you see a 72% win percentage? Did 407 provide you the dope you are obviously smoking?

TOS.

Stonefish

Again, another MATH fail.

The numbers for local 396, like i posted were as follows...

Covina Teamsters

JULY 1st vote NO: 1736 YES: 464

December supplemental 2nd vote: NO:1026 YES:1131
December Rider 2nd vote: NO: 1023 YES: 1126

Where exactly do you see a 72% win percentage? Did 407 provide you the dope you are obviously smoking?

TOS.
Look at the entire vote just because you campaigned for a no vote in you local and didn't win. The total vote for the west was 72% so again the vast majority of the people obviously don't agree with you.
And no dope from 407 it isn't legal here but maybe you should have some tonight to relax. I hear it helps

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Look at the entire vote just because you campaigned for a no vote in you local and didn't win. The total vote for the west was 72% so again the vast majority of the people obviously don't agree with you.
And no dope from 407 it isn't legal here but maybe you should have some tonight to relax. I hear it helps

I love how you try to mix up numbers. I spoke of 396 and 396 only. NOT 72%, you want to talk about the entire teamster membership as if "I" or anyone else has that kind of influence?

Secondly, I campaigned for a YES vote on the second go round. This is on the record on these threads.

In OUR local, the vote was a split, almost 50/50, and as I said, the membership in OUR local is very unhappy with this contract.

Regardless of the total vote count, this has nothing to do with our membership in 396.

I restricted my comments to local 396 and did not include any other locals totals.

If you didnt understand what I had written in the first place, then just say so.

Now, remember, youre not suppose to drink the bongwater.. 407 should have given you better advice.

TOS.

The Milkman

With this contract, comes the reality that "we" are no longer a "BROTHERHOOD" of members. With posters like Stink, 407 steward, UPSUPSTATE, Hefferman and the like, we no longer show a concern for our brothers and sisters and the struggles in each local.

This contract has turned the "brotherhood" into the "International separatists Teamsters"

We didnt stand up for our retiree brothers and sisters whose healthcare costs are going to skyrocket. We didnt stand up for our part time brothers and sisters who will now have to wait 4 years to make top pay. We didnt stand up for our package drivers with better language on excessive overtime or technology usage.

Instead, the afformentioned "Teamsters" demonstrated the new look teamsters where they only concern themselves with whats best for them and them only.

WE are no longer a "BROTHERHOOD" if this contract passes as it stands today.

Today will be a long day of waiting, waiting to see if we are still in fact a BROTHERHOOD, or merely a bunch of people scrambling for what we can get as individuals.

Peace

TOS

The Milkman

Great Post!!! They just don't understand. The hard earned benefits from our hard working Brothers and Sisters from years passed by, just chipped away...Pretty soon (Now) Ups is dealing the hands and we have to hope that the players out there now learn that the House Wins all the time...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Great Post!!! They just don't understand. The hard earned benefits from our hard working Brothers and Sisters from years passed by, just chipped away...Pretty soon (Now) Ups is dealing the hands and we have to hope that the players out there now learn that the House Wins all the time...
The thing is the brothers and sisters work much harder now then those of the past. Back before all of this technology, air commits, pickup time windows etc people could actually milk it.