Brown Cafe during Feeder Run

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Management is not on the clock.

fixed it for you

My center manager was on vacation last week and took his family on a cruise. He was doing a check in audit on my car Monday and I asked him if he checked in at all during his vacation. He told me that he works hard while he is here and deserves a break when he is away so, no, he did not even think about UPS for a whole week. That's the way that it should be. Our previous center manager would have called every day and probably stopped in at least 2-3 times during his vacation(s). That's not the way that it should be and may be part of the reason he is currently driving a taxi cab.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My center manager was on vacation last week and took his family on a cruise. He was doing a check in audit on my car Monday and I asked him if he checked in at all during his vacation. He told me that he works hard while he is here and deserves a break when he is away so, no, he did not even think about UPS for a whole week. That's the way that it should be. Our previous center manager would have called every day and probably stopped in at least 2-3 times during his vacation(s). That's not the way that it should be and may be part of the reason he is currently driving a taxi cab.
We don't do cruises but the best vacation I took was while I was in Bermuda for a week and could not check in.
After that vacation, I began to check-in less and less on vacations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There has to be separation no matter whether you are hourly or management. Yes, hourlies punch out, but how many truly do not think about the job, even for a second, while on their own time? Look at how many hourlies come here to talk shop on their free time. I do understand that it is more difficult to do that for management, especially the higher up you go, but there has to be a way to separate the two (home and work).

2Slow

Posting while you should be working is foolish. That said, there are times when a Feeder driver may be sitting around waiting on the clock. Posting during one of those times would be pretty defensible if management tried to get pissy about it.
Depends on your job, but waiting for loads or waiting for moves, a Feeder driver could have a lot of free time.