Brown Cafe iphone app no workie..

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I cant get the the Brown Cafe app to work on my iphone. Anyone else having problems? I even deleted and re installed the app, but when I try to open it it just shuts off. I have shut down my phone, turned off all other running apps etc. but none of the usual fixes seem to work.:sad-little:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
hmmmm, I'll contact vbulletin tech support and let them know it's not working. I might need to contact you guys to get more info.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I think it's easier to access the regular site - I deleted the app a long time ago (frustrating to have limited access to the forums).

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Same here. Started having problems yesterday. Now it just closes the app out every time I try to open it

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Do you have your posts per page set to 20 or more? If so they already released a fix for that bug that I somehow missed. I need to rebuild and redistribute the update through the itunes store. itunes can take a week or 2 to approve app updates so in an effort to bypass this bug now I disabled the option to set your own posts per page. Not sure if that will help or not, please let me know. I don't have an iphone to test it with.

vBulletin said:
The iOS app would crash before 1.4 if they user had more than 20 posts per page set in their options. This was fixed in 1.4. If you're not running 1.4, then you need to rebuild your App and redistribute it via the iTunes store to upgrade it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Since this just started recently I'm kind of skeptical that it's related to the posts per page bug, that's been around for months. I will let you know what they say as soon as I get any additional info from them.

I'm really sorry for the trouble. I know this has to be really annoying.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm using the android app and it often will flake out and not connect/give a server error but today it's working for me. Is it just the iphone guys having issues?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Vbulletin's last tech support response to me was yesterday at noon so they aren't showing any sense of urgency about fixing this. I will make the update available as soon as they release it.

over9five

Staff member
Vbulletin's last tech support response to me was yesterday at noon so they aren't showing any sense of urgency about fixing this. I will make the update available as soon as they release it.
I've always liked the Mobile Style better than the app. You can't "like" with it, tho..
I hate the full site on my phone, just too hard to navigate. And now, it always crashes my browser when I try it. I'm assuming that's a phone issue as I haven't heard of anyone elses doing that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can do the full site thru my browser OK, but I dont like it because my screen is just too small. Its the mobile version that keeps crashing.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
So is the app crashing for you also or is it just the mobile version while using a browser?

I'm going to have access to an ipad tonight so I'll check out the mobile version to see if I can figure out what the problem is.