brown cafe iphone app no workie...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Oops network error. Refresh to retry" is all I can get when I try to read a thread. Anyone else having this issue? I can also access Brown Cafe with my Kindle Fire, which I am doing now, but its really buggy and slow compared to the iphone app. My laptop is a POS that I am about to take out to the range for a 12-gauge download, so I really hope the iphone app gets fixed soon!

over9five

Staff member
OK, just checked mine and it's working fine. Did you know there's a "Reset Cache" under tools/settings (top of the page, looks like gears)? I've had to reset cache several times when it wouldn't refresh.

I have a serious complaint about the app:
When you have a long conversation going, it ALWAYS goes to the first response. It takes FOREVER to scroll to where you left off.

Anyway someone could call to have this fixed so it goes to first unread response???

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
"Oops network error. Refresh to retry" is all I can get when I try to read a thread. Anyone else having this issue? I can also access Brown Cafe with my Kindle Fire, which I am doing now, but its really buggy and slow compared to the iphone app. My laptop is a POS that I am about to take out to the range for a 12-gauge download, so I really hope the iphone app gets fixed soon!

That's got to be annoying... This is the first report I've gotten about this problem but I did check at the developer's site and a couple of other admins have reported a couple of similar problems. I submitted a bug fix app update to itunes a few days ago which the developer says will resolve this kind of problem. itunes takes a week or 2 to approve app updates so it may be a few days before they make it available. Sorry for the trouble.

Try ovah's suggestion of clearing the cache. That might work.

OK, just checked mine and it's working fine. Did you know there's a "Reset Cache" under tools/settings (top of the page, looks like gears)? I've had to reset cache several times when it wouldn't refresh.

I have a serious complaint about the app:
When you have a long conversation going, it ALWAYS goes to the first response. It takes FOREVER to scroll to where you left off.

Anyway someone could call to have this fixed so it goes to first unread response???
Good idea. I'll request that this functionality be added to the app.