brown cafe iPhone users can't get full site

texan

I turned mine on for the first time and then turned it off. Is that a good thing?? What the hell is a java script???

1. Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995.
It is the underlying technology that powers state-of-the-art programs including utilities, games, and business
applications.

Java runs on more than 850 million personal computers worldwide, and on billions of devices worldwide, including mobile and TV devices.
What is Java and why do I need it?

2. Java is a slang term for coffee.

jaker

trolling
i am on my PC typing this , before i could quick post and read everything on my ipad till last night now when i go on the site it loads and then crash

on my iphone it load and crash , will turn off java see how that works for now ,( i miss spell check )

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Vbulletin tech support still has not responded to the support request I made yesterday...

I searched a few sites for the error code that Harry posted and found this:

QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR: DOM Exception 22. This is caused by your localStorage area being full in your browser, or becoming corrupt. Most often, the reason is that Facebook has stored lots of data in your browser unnecessarily. This error means that your quota (space allocated for web sites and extensions to store data) has been exceeded. The fix in that case is to manually remove some of the data.

Safari/Mac:

Macintosh HD > Users > [Username] > Library > Safari > LocalStorage > www.facebook.com_0.localstorage

This info makes me suspicious that the facebook login is causing this issue. I'm going to disable it and see if that could be causing these problems.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't even have a Facebook account and mines still crashing. Maybe u mean just the fact that u can login to browncafe through Facebook has made this a problem I have no idea just know mines not working still :)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Okay, thanks for letting me know. This has to be really frustrating so I appreciate your patience.

I'm still waiting for vbulletin to respond to the tech support request I made yesterday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well it's fixed for me I'm posting on the full site. Been on here for 10-15 minutes. Seeing as how I had some of the most serious problems with it freezing I think u took care of it good job thank you for working so hard on this.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Well it's fixed for me I'm posting on the full site. Been on here for 10-15 minutes. Seeing as how I had some of the most serious problems with it freezing I think u took care of it good job thank you for working so hard on this.

Same here posting from full site. Been on here 10 minutes so far.

P

pickup

fixed for me too. My safari isn't crashing anymore. Before, I would go on other websites and then come here and within 5 seconds, I get the whirling rainbow circle( mac users know of what I speak).

No crash today. So far so good.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Is simple terms any idea what finally
Worked and what the issue was?
It turned out to be completely unrelated to our server or vbulletin. This site uses cloudflare as one of our content delivery networks and also as a distributed domain name server. We've had issues with their service in the past but since this was browser specific I immediately thought it had to be css or program related. I never even thought it could be something with their network.

After all the reverting and disabling of the vbulletin code and css it turns out that disabling cloudflare's cdn was the thing that made these errors go away.

Now I'm waiting for the cloudflare tech support to respond. They are usually extremely slow - I've waited a week for a response from them - so I'm just leaving their cdn off until they can reassure me these issues have been resolved.

It turned out to be completely unrelated to our server or vbulletin. This site uses cloudflare as one of our content delivery networks and also as a distributed domain name server. We've had issues with their service in the past but since this was browser specific I immediately thought it had to be css or program related. I never even thought it could be something with their network. After all the reverting and disabling of the vbulletin code and css it turns out that disabling cloudflare's cdn was the thing that made these errors go away. Now I'm waiting for the cloudflare tech support to respond. They are usually extremely slow - I've waited a week for a response from them - so I'm just leaving their cdn off until they can reassure me these issues have been resolved.
Thanks Cheryl. We all need this site. Some more than others. You shoud be happy with yourself we need this place for a lot of reason. Thanks for going the extra mile.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I have had problems accessing brown cafe on my Ipad the last two days, page freezes after a minute, then takes two or three minutes to unfreeze.
Finally figured out the issue for me, I had to go into the safari settings and turn java off and it is now working. Was there a change to the java script to site site recently?