Brown Cafe staff moderators ... can we trust ?

The only one that has access to ips is me.

Tomorrow is the 16th anniversary of the registration of browncafe's domain. In 16 years I've never gotten any "requests" from UPS for anything.

The only time UPS has ever contacted me was after someone registered the CEO's name as their username. This person then posted a few racist jokes. A polite UPS lawyer called and asked me to change the username. I understood why and immediately changed it.

I'm a big proponent of internet privacy and would never turn over anything like an ip address without being forced to. They would need to go through my lawyer and present a subpoena or search warrant.
I can't change my name to David Abney?

Re-Raise

image.jpeg

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Admins on the site could definitely do an IP check. Mods might depending on the powers given to them. In either case it is not anything to worry about.

Hey after 16 years of B.C. you'd think there be a lot of you in jail by now.

Beware of the powers... BOO!

And

BOOM!!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
The only one that has access to ips is me.

Tomorrow is the 16th anniversary of the registration of browncafe's domain. In 16 years I've never gotten any "requests" from UPS for anything.

The only time UPS has ever contacted me was after someone registered the CEO's name as their username. This person then posted a few racist jokes. A polite UPS lawyer called and asked me to change the username. I understood why and immediately changed it.

I'm a big proponent of internet privacy and would never turn over anything like an ip address without being forced to. They would need to go through my lawyer and present a subpoena or search warrant.

From an average Joe-User's perspective; the idea that you may or may not have an attorney on retainer, solely based on the legal issues that could arise from this "funhouse", is kinda scary.

Scary enough that, if I were you, I'd seriously question whether or not; it's worth the risk.

I don't doubt you have. Im glad you chose the way you did.