Brown Lives Matter

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Isn't there already enough threads on this topic?
58a.jpg

Box Ox

The heat where I am is downright suffocating and deadly when you shut that bulkhead door. And even when you don't. Digging for packages can make your head spin.

There'd have to be a real crime problem for me too keep that door shut while I'm in the back.

TUT

I think what he is saying is UPS drivers should have some form of protection against violence. But judging by your response you have ate up a lot of liberal propaganda and believe the government should take everyone's guns. I know I'm right

I can assure you if the owner of the company is liberal or conservative they do not want you having a gun on the job under their name which is totally different than what you do on your own time. The lawsuit amounts could be astronomical if a bad situation happened and it would. The cost of such payouts would be much more than your worth to them. You aren't right though, far from all liberals are against all types of guns, some are but it's a much smaller number, some don't even worry themselves about guns at all. I like to believe this isn't news to anyone.

trickpony1

My regular job was putting gas on airplanes.

Wait a minute......
You told us the Air Force only takes the most intelligent applicants?

I bet I could do your job without any training:
1) ground A/C with grounding cable;
2) remove gas cap;
3) put nozzle in fuel neck;
4) activate nozzle;
5) when full, remove nozzle;
6) put cap back on;
7) record units of fuel on clipboard;
8) remove ground strap.

How did I do?

Overpaid Union Thug

Wait a minute......
You told us the Air Force only takes the most intelligent applicants?

I bet I could do your job without any training:
1) ground A/C with grounding cable;
2) remove gas cap;
3) put nozzle in fuel neck;
4) activate nozzle;
5) when full, remove nozzle;
6) put cap back on;
7) record units of fuel on clipboard;
8) remove ground strap.

How did I do?
Speaking as someone who was also in the air force I can tell you that there would probably be at least 16 steps instead of 8. LOL. And an entire manual that explains how to set up for those steps.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought you had to search for misloads by a certain time like we do. Why not sort the load if you have to handle every package anyway? Also, its hot here anytime you spend too much time looking for a package and I can only imagine how bad it gets for you southern guys and ladies on the hot days.
I found it was easier to sort through the car before the preloader loaded all the bulk!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had three guys robbed in my twenty driver group this past year. There was a crew targeting drivers last year, they were driving the same car. We had a couple get robbed in apartment complexes, we don't deliver them anymore. The latest one happened in an upscale area, so these things can happen anywhere. We just had a new Loss Prevention person start in my Hub, I feel sorry for her.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
almost robbed once by two guys when i got lost in Oakland and made the mistake of getting out of truck. they approached me and said they wanted money but i did not stop walking back to cab and got in and left.

just lucky.

now a days you have to be totally aware of your surroundings all the time. some street sense helps too. listen to your gut. if you get a bad feeling listen to it and take action away from there.

seems like the world is going to hell.

DOK

My Center had another driver robbed yesterday, the third one this year. In all cases, they were in back of the package car when somebody climbs in with a gun. They usually take the driver's wallet and cellphone, and they usually look for phones in the package car. We were told this morning to just get in the package car and drive off, don't get caught sorting anywhere. We have several apartment complexes we no longer go into, a common denominator.

Are robberies up everywhere?
No. I'd carry a concealed weapon.