Brown Lives Matter

DOK

You'd carry a weapon and risk losing your job over a phone and a wallet?

If someone points a gun at me they better be willing to die. I do not take that threat lightly, nor should anyone. If I delivered in a high crime area as the OP I would carry. Unless he has to go through security at ups to get into the building, that is a different story.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If someone points a gun at me they better be willing to die. I do not take that threat lightly, nor should anyone. If I delivered in a high crime area as the OP I would carry. Unless he has to go through security at ups to get into the building, that is a different story.
And if anyone does try to rob you, you'd be fired, good luck with that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No. I'd carry a concealed weapon.

We had a driver get fired for walking through the metal detector with a handgun in his backpack. He claimed he forgot it was in there after he went target shooting over the weekend. Management actually tried to save his job, but it was too soon after the Birmingham shootings.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Take a big magnet and put it underneath the truck
Stick your gun to it before you get in at night
Grab it after you get through the gate

What could go wrong

DOK

You'd be fired faster than any employee in company history.

You're probably right. So I'm glad I'm not in any area with such high crime where I'd have to contemplate such a decision. Feel bad for the OP and his coworkers, can't imagine the stress.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
After thinking about it for a minute you're probably correct. Not a good idea. So good luck OP.
Ideally we'd live in a world where our 2nd amendment rights were protected in the workplace.... but the world we live in is lawsuit trigger happy, and it's just too big a risk for the employer.

I'm permitted to carry openly in my state, on my own time.
When I'm at work, my best option is being cooperative and handing over the keys.
I'm rarely in bad areas anyways and I feel very fortunate for that. Also delivering in high income areas has other perks, likes lots of blondes and spandex. Delivering in the hood sucks, props to the guys who have to do it on a regular basis.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ideally we'd live in a world where our 2nd amendment rights were protected in the workplace.... but the world we live in is lawsuit trigger happy, and it's just too big a risk for the employer.

I'm permitted to carry openly in my state, on my own time.
When I'm at work, my best option is being cooperative and handing over the keys.
I'm rarely in bad areas anyways and I feel very fortunate for that. Also delivering in high income areas has other perks, likes lots of blondes and spandex. Delivering in the hood sucks, props to the guys who have to do it on a regular basis.
I passed on a route in the hood when the old driver told me I couldn't wear my "chains" or carry my wallet on me, friend that ........

iamupser

Grease Monkey

Attachments

• 1468605617986.jpg
    1468605617986.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 143

TUT

Not all gun owners are stupid. The idiots just get more attention. Owning one requires training and common sense responsibility.

I've had no issues with mine and I have kids. It's all about mindset.

I get your point, but there have been plenty of accidents as well when everything is followed to a T. Guns being as dangerous as they are, built to kill, do-overs may not exist. Here's to no accidents!