Brown Lives Matter

10 point

Dave does not sort at any point during his day; however, when I am sitting at one of my drop boxes on a warm day, I have all of the doors open.
The fdx driver on my area said he was robbed three times when stopped at their drop boxes.
He also said that the metro Michigan drivers pack...even if it's against co policy...
and I don't mean lunches.

10 point

I think what he is saying is UPS drivers should have some form of protection against violence. But judging by your response you have ate up a lot of liberal propaganda and believe the government should take everyone's guns. I know I'm right
I tape a job application to my windshield. No one even gets close to my truck.

10 point

The heat where I am is downright suffocating and deadly when you shut that bulkhead door. And even when you don't. Digging for packages can make your head spin.

There'd have to be a real crime problem for me too keep that door shut while I'm in the back.
They'll rob you in the cab as well as in the back. You gotta come out of the back sometime and they'll be waiting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Now I don't know this and please feel free to share. What is the training procedure at UPS if held at gun point?

I'm not aware of any official training on how to act while being robbed. We are told in PCM's to co-operate and give up everything. One LP guy told us to try not to stare at the robber. All our drivers who have been robbed were traumatized to some extent, some dealt with it better than others. They usually get several days off, one guy stayed out a couple of weeks. It seems like the thugs say the same thing when holding a gun to our driver's head, like "I'm not playing, I'll blow your head off" or something like that.

10 point

The UPS procedure doesn't matter. The chance of becoming the victim of violent crime is much higher than the chance of a meteor strike. Yes street riots would be a great time to have a gun for protection from a violent mob.
Better have lots of clips and a helper.

Dr.Brownz

Just entertaining the thoughts of the anti government gun nuts on this forum. Maybe you should try to read more than one post.;)

You're argument is "you can't have guns cause the government will kill you anyway"

Sounds great lets all give our guns away so the government has no possibility of resistance when they try to implement any kind of unconstitutional laws. I'm sure you just believe the government is made up of a bunch of really good people who care about the average person. Well sorry but thats a fiction.

Yeah, having a gun worked out so well for Reginald Denny. :(

Dont know who that is. But I think all the ups centric hedgemonic behavior is pathetic.

Dr.Brownz

Ive heard many stories from old school retired drivers who did the rural stuff around here and they all packed guns. None ever had to shoot thankfully

MAKAVELI

You're argument is "you can't have guns cause the government will kill you anyway"

Sounds great lets all give our guns away so the government has no possibility of resistance when they try to implement any kind of unconstitutional laws. I'm sure you just believe the government is made up of a bunch of really good people who care about the average person. Well sorry but thats a fiction.

Dont know who that is. But I think all the ups centric hedgemonic behavior is pathetic.
Never said anything of the sort. Just pointing out how Looney these theories are. If it helps you sleep at night, then buy all the guns you can. ;)