BROWN NOSERS GET THE BEST RIDES!?!?!?!?!

Inthegame

Safe enough to use? I guess you mean the vehicles without shoulder harnesses, high back chairs and automatic transmission vehicles? I wonder how many companies big or small send their employees out in death traps everday? It's like sending coal miners down to mine without a helmet.
Say it ain't so... you just named three improvements miraculously put in during the Hoffa/Hall (concessionary) years? Now you're answering your own questions.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
OK we'll send you the old school non powered steering p1000 with the high step and those tall ass tires..
I'll take it anything your little pansy behind can't handle.

I started the route I am on in a gas p1000 that was older than my wife. It grew to need a 12 and I was blessed with my wonderful automatic 12.

Point stands. Brown and moves. Those are the Only two requirements whiner!

Irishman Collins

Say it ain't so... you just named three improvements miraculously put in during the Hoffa/Hall (concessionary) years? Now you're answering your own questions.
Lol, the contract states that old vehicles will be replaced with new ones with the proper equipment. It doesn't mandate that this be done immediately it just says when vehicles are replaced they will be replaced by new ones. If you had any clue you would know the company has thousands of these old death traps and they have no intention to replace them any time soon. If our great and powerful leaders cared about the safety of their members they would of negotiated the immediate replacement of these death traps years ago when automobile manufacturers were forced to put shoulder harnesses in their vehicles. Our Union just sat on their hands and did nothing until years later and it's still weak language with no real teeth. Question, what's the penalty if they don't abide by the language? Most likely, referred back to parties. Lol! Oh and don't get all excited. I know I am not quoting the language exactly. I am generalizing it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol, the contract states that old vehicles will be replaced with new ones with the proper equipment. It doesn't mandate that this be done immediately it just says when vehicles are replaced they will be replaced by new ones. If you had any clue you would know the company has thousands of these old death traps and they have no intention to replace them any time soon. If our great and powerful leaders cared about the safety of their members they would of negotiated the immediate replacement of these death traps years ago when automobile manufacturers were forced to put shoulder harnesses in their vehicles. Our Union just sat on their hands and did nothing until years later and it's still weak language with no real teeth. Question, what's the penalty if they don't abide by the language? Most likely, referred back to parties. Lol! Oh and don't get all excited. I know I am not quoting the language exactly. I am generalizing it.
Could the company be held responsible for a death that occurred in a truck that only had a lap belt..especially since ups has put hundreds of millions into auto door openers and telematic gear into the trucks but not a 3 pt. Seatbelt.

Irishman Collins

I'll take it anything your little pansy behind can't handle.

I started the route I am on in a gas p1000 that was older than my wife. It grew to need a 12 and I was blessed with my wonderful automatic 12.

Point stands. Brown and moves. Those are the Only two requirements whiner!
Ok, he is a whiner because he wants a safe vehicle so he can return to his home safely every night? Question, do you think your machismo will save your skull when someone crosses the center line and hits you head on in one of these death traps without a shoulder harness. I think you need to reevaluate your whiner comment, just saying....

Irishman Collins

Could the company be held responsible for a death that occurred in a truck that only had a lap belt..especially since ups has put hundreds of millions into auto door openers and telematic gear into the trucks but not a 3 pt. Seatbelt.
I believe the company could and has been. As soon as an accident happens in one of these death traps. The company sends their people out with a check book to pay off the family and has the family sign off that they won't hold the company liable now or in the future. Atlanta just views it as a business cost. When they should be caring about the well being of ALL their drivers. It is inexcusable and pathetic that our company puts millions of dollars in "big brother technology" but can't spend the money to change out lap belts to shoulder harnesses.

Inthegame

I've noticed you "generalize" quite often. I have a fair bit of knowledge about the age of UPS's fleet and miraculously survived driving their death traps.

Carey addressed safety issues in '93 and '97 and so did Hoffa in '02, '08 and '13. Every contract has had improvements in Art 18 negotiated by those worthless union officials you continually attack. How about putting the blame where it belongs, on UPS. Why do we need to fight for improvements that save lives? Not because the Teamsters "sat on their hands" (they didn't) but because the employer prefers to gamble with employees lives to increase profits rather than improve conditions. It's not any union officials fault that UPS has no soul.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've noticed you "generalize" quite often. I have a fair bit of knowledge about the age of UPS's fleet and miraculously survived driving their death traps.

Carey addressed safety issues in '93 and '97 and so did Hoffa in '02, '08 and '13. Every contract has had improvements in Art 18 negotiated by those worthless union officials you continually attack. How about putting the blame where it belongs, on UPS. Why do we need to fight for improvements that save lives? Not because the Teamsters "sat on their hands" (they didn't) but because the employer prefers to gamble with employees lives to increase profits rather than improve conditions. It's not any union officials fault that UPS has no soul.
Where is the D.O.T. responsibility in regards to all of this?????

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Ok, he is a whiner because he wants a safe vehicle so he can return to his home safely every night? Question, do you think your machismo will save your skull when someone crosses the center line and hits you head on in one of these death traps without a shoulder harness. I think you need to reevaluate your whiner comment, just saying....
First of bub it was some tounge in cheek ribbing about the difficulty of driving them. Pull your head out of your rear and notice no mention of safety equipment was made.

Second, my center smashed that last one of those pos trucks last summer. We have three points and high seats on all trucks now.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Yet we sign contract after contract; while the "company" fails to replace or retrofit existing, antiquated equipment.

How can we pretend that either UPS or the Teamsters care about safety, while we are required to drive package cars without power steering and brakes, 3 point seat belts and high back seats?

Most of these "improvements" are 30+ years old.

Tough Guy

I prefer to have a truck that is "new enough" to have auto trans, and a separate switch for cab light and cargo light. But "old enough" to not have all the mind numbing beeping that all the brand new ones seem to have. And the old cargo lights that are on a timer make me want to pull my hair out.

Irishman Collins

First, I don't think every Union official is worthless. I think that Jimmy Sr. Quite possibly could be the greatest Union leader in American history. Second, the Union does have blame here. I don't think that Sr would of tolerated any of his Teamster brothers or sisters driving these death traps for one day. Let alone, several years. Yes, the company has no soul but that is why we have a Union. So that we can hold a cross to the Devils head through negotiations. Name one trade Union that allows their members to perform their daily work with antiquated, dangerous equipment every day. All name one for you, The Teamsters. Remember the day when our Union was considered the tough guy who gave soul less companies fits? I want that Union back. I don't want career politicians who sleep well at night while their members drive death traps. If the company won't do the right thing then strike the soul less devil!

Irishman Collins

First, I don't think every Union official is worthless. I think that Jimmy Sr. Quite possibly could be the greatest Union leader in American history. Second, the Union does have blame here. I don't think that Sr would of tolerated any of his Teamster brothers or sisters driving these death traps for one day. Let alone, several years. Yes, the company has no soul but that is why we have a Union. So that we can hold a cross to the Devils head through negotiations. Name one trade Union that allows their members to perform their daily work with antiquated, dangerous equipment every day. All name one for you, The Teamsters. Remember the day when our Union was considered the tough guy who gave soul less companies fits? I want that Union back. I don't want career politicians who sleep well at night while their members drive death traps. If the company won't do the right thing then strike the soul less devil!
One more thing. How hard is it, to put language in the contract that old vehicles will be replaced with newer ones? I mean where can you buy a new box truck without a high back chair, shoulder harness and power steering these days? Real powerful language, lol! Oh, wait a minute I think North Korea and Iraq still make those vehicles, lol!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't want career politicians who sleep well at night while their members drive death traps.

Can you name a single person.... who's death can be directly attributed to these vehicles ?

Ever ?

How hard is it, to put language in the contract that old vehicles will be replaced with newer ones?

There is language.

"The Employer will replace package cars at a rate no less than the percent replaced over the duration of the prior contract that expired July 31, 2008. The Union will be notified if the Employer cannot meet this schedule because of volume downturns."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

At the current rate, all the older "death traps" should be gone by the end of this contract.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Can you name a single person.... who's death can be directly attributed to these vehicles ?
Ever ?

I didn't get their name, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
c7b0b6d2518e04557063f211b48229ae.jpg

Last edited: