Brown or Purple?

paidover95

Probably because we have different views on $$ and whats important to us,or we are in different situations.IE"age,family,$$,goals".I dont knock anyone who stays working there.As I stated "It was the best thing for me".But from listening to alot of my old co-workers I think they are blinded by $$ and overtime and missing out on alot with there kids and life.Thats all.

paidover95

You might think that was a good move, and you claim that we are obsessed with money. It is apparent the USPS is obsessed to, with all the closures, layoffs, etc. Why someone would quit a profitable, high paying job, for another that hasnt made money in years is beyond me.

my last post was intended for you.

SmithBarney

I made the switch, I was in good standing at UPS, but personal reasons required me to move, and unfortunately UPS
has no Transfer policy which sucks... Anyway I tried to get on with UPS in my new area, but my old CTR MGR hadn't
released me from the system, so when they tried to hire me it still looked like I was an employee...
I ended up at FedEx.

In reference to "senior" drivers making the switch to FedEx... many made the switch years ago (~15-16 or so)
back then a Courier at FedEx would top out in 2-3 years, and the top out pay was competitive with UPS.
These days, you won't top out. For example(figures aren't exact) last year TOPPED out couriers moved up 2.0%
and if you weren't topped out the best increase you could get(with a perfect review) was 1.75% So you will NEVER top out.
Not to mention the bottom of range(new hire) rate moves up too, so for example a 5 year CRR with near perfect
reviews now makes .20cents more than someone hired off the street.

In reference to Harassment at UPS, I never really experienced it at UPS, sure some was tough, but you know what
I was paid very well(not even topped out) and that paycheck at the end of the week makes you forget a lot of things.
Harassment at FedEx is pretty much the same, but more subversive, There is so much back stabbing and favoritism going on
it's not funny. I was supposed to work last week(I'm PT, but they had hours for me) and because someone has a grudge against me
they didn't call me and ended up calling in Cartage agents who get paid 2x what I do.. Needless the Senior Manager was pissed
and personally called me to apologize. Anyway at FedEx you Deal with a different kind of Harassment.

As for electronics in the Cab, New DOT rules as of 01/01/2012 prohibit the use of any electric devices in the cab while the vehicle is
in motion including bluetooth headsets, GPS PPAD/DIAD, etc. So I can see where your Supervisor is coming from.

In the end I think for two Topped out Drivers/Couriers at UPS/FedEx the Job is comparable in stress and general work issues.
and having done both jobs in the past 5 years now, I would go back to UPS in a heartbeat.