Brown Package Trucks - Clean or Dirty?

UPS Preloader

Growing up in Massachusetts in never saw a dirty UPS Package Truck. The closest center was in Shrewsbury and from what I was told every truck was washed everyday. I now live in Maine and the center I work at does not have a car wash. When I first started back in 2007, the local sort would hand wash the trucks every night. Nowadays, I can't recall the last time I saw a clean truck. In addition to a pile of trash and dirt inside the trucks, there's probably 10 lbs of dirt on the outside. It's almost embarassing! Is this common elsewhere?

Thebrownstreak

We have a car washer that works after the local sort. Hand washed. But they'll limit the time he can wash per week. Something like 3 hours a night. I personally rinse off my truck every day at a customers lot. It only rinses the scum off the truck, but something is better than nothing.

UPS Preloader

Just before Christmas I pulled out of the parking lot on my way home and in front of me was a Brownie with a hand flipping the bird on the back of the truck. Couldn't help but laugh as I wondered how long it would stay there. (It passed the driver pre-check!)

Alleycar

Our local sort hand washes the trucks, but they are dictated how many hrs per week may be used. That being said, our trucks are very filthy.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
dirty ups truck - Bing Images

3302971536_1b86dcdb3b.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
We used to have 2 car washers. That was cut to 1 several years ago, but every truck was washed every other day. Not terrible. Now every truck gets washed about every other week. Sometimes longer.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^dirt is not a safety concern. I'm pretty creative but I'm not even sure how I could spin that one.

ours get washed somewhat occasionally, but the one carwasher is a friend of mine and if I ask nice he will take care of it for me ;)

^dirt is not a safety concern. I'm pretty creative but I'm not even sure how I could spin that one.

ours get washed somewhat occasionally, but the one carwasher is a friend of mine and if I ask nice he will take care of it for me ;)
Tell them all the weight from the dirt is slowing you down plus it is using extra fuel...They understand things when money is involved!!

UPSER110

Here is a few concerns I could think of..

-So dirty that you cant see the headlights/flashers/ reverse lights
-So dirty the reflective tape is no longer reflective
(360 degrees of visibility is limited)
-So dirty you cant see the DOT number
-So dirty you cant see if there was rust/shiny metal on the lug nuts (lug nuts backing out/loose)
-So dirty the windshield and mirrors hinder your view