Brown Uniform Pants

flutterby_404

My dad is retired from UPS (drove for 27 years) and he loves wearing his old uniform pants around the house because they're lightweight. I'd like to get him a new pair for chirstmas but am having trouble finding out what brand they are. My mom cut the tags out of his long ago.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Buy a plane ticket to Kenya. I think that's where they are made now.

You dad wouldn't think much of the pants made for us now. Compared to the quality he had back in the day I'm sure.

A

anonymous6

I keep fixing my good ol made in the USA pants that are so comfortable. can't blame your Dad for wearing them but as soon as I retire, the only time im gonna wear my uniform is when I rob someone.

Brownslave688

Buy a plane ticket to Kenya. I think that's where they are made now.

You dad wouldn't think much of the pants made for us now. Compared to the quality he had back in the day I'm sure.

Well this sucks only 5 minutes to edit my posts? I see lots of "bad spelling" alerts in my future.

cb1969

My dad is retired from UPS (drove for 27 years) and he loves wearing his old uniform pants around the house because they're lightweight. I'd like to get him a new pair for chirstmas but am having trouble finding out what brand they are. My mom cut the tags out of his long ago.

Twin Hill or Cinta

oldngray

nowhere special
The pants are definitely total crap. I have ripped crotch in a couple but the most common problem is seams wearing out on outside of thigh from seat belt rubbing.

Brownslave688

If you can't find nicer pants to lay around the house with then you guys have bigger issues.
Actually I wear my old pants for things like mowing and working on cars and such. They are provided for me so why would I spent money on clothes to work in. I do not wear the shirts.

I'm honestly amazed under armor or Nike or someone hasn't come to a deal with ups to design our uniforms.

upschuck

Actually I wear my old pants for things like mowing and working on cars and such. They are provided for me so why would I spent money on clothes to work in. I do not wear the shirts.

I'm honestly amazed under armor or Nike or someone hasn't come to a deal with ups to design our uniforms.

Would cost way too much...They go for the cheapest ones they can find, they assume they all last the same.

flutterby_404

Yeah, he likes to wear them while doing housework and things like that. He's not a jeans guy, so I'm hesitant to get him Dickies or anything like that because I'm sure they'd be too heavy.

Bmany

I started in '77 and retired in '06. I still have my old 70's uniform pants and my Eisenhower jacket. The pants label simply says rayon and and cotton, made in USA. The jackets were made by Caleb Smith and Sons, New York California. The old Ike jackets were nice, but not very warm. still has a dog bite or two on the sleeve. I fought off a few mutts, but a poodle jumped out of a ladies arms one night in Raleigh, when I handed her the clip board and told her on what line to sign. He bit me in the face and my jacket has his teeth marks. Good stuff. My browns don't get worn anymore, though thy still fit. UPS might call me to go relieve one of you modern day whiney weenies, so I keep them clean and pressed, just in case. Ah retirement is sweet!

UPSGUY72

To answer your question you can't buy them. They are controlled. The only way I know to get them is buy filling out a order from and handing to the one of the clerks in the morning.

ibleedbrown

i have thought the same thing, they could make warm uniforms for winter and moisture wicking, breathable uniforms for summer and i think they would do it cheap because it would be promotional for them. there could be commercials featuring ups drivers showing how the seasonal weather uniforms help during extreme conditions.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I started in '77 and retired in '06. I still have my old 70's uniform pants and my Eisenhower jacket. The pants label simply says rayon and and cotton, made in USA. The jackets were made by Caleb Smith and Sons, New York California. The old Ike jackets were nice, but not very warm. still has a dog bite or two on the sleeve. I fought off a few mutts, but a poodle jumped out of a ladies arms one night in Raleigh, when I handed her the clip board and told her on what line to sign. He bit me in the face and my jacket has his teeth marks. Good stuff. My browns don't get worn anymore, though thy still fit. UPS might call me to go relieve one of you modern day whiney weenies, so I keep them clean and pressed, just in case. Ah retirement is sweet!
You go, vet. I know it was a different culture back then. Still proud to wear my browns for what the "tradition" used to mean. Hopefully, that sense of pride can return, a little.