Brownbailout

Overpaid Union Thug

I say that UPS should do one of two things.

1) Ignore this whole stunt and let our superior service win out and continue to improve it along the way. It's kept us on top for years. We just need to keep it up and anything else, such as whether or not FedEx unionizes or not, won't matter.

2) If we are going to play hard ball instead then we need to be prepared to go the distance. We can't hold back. We have to put FedEx in their place.

pretzel_man

As was mentioned here, a letter writing campaign is coming. Its starting with Georgia, and then will mover to other states. This is supported by the Teamsters, and UPS will supply some samples and points to consider. They think this will take about 15 minutes.

Also, a communication is coming in a day or two.

It will explain UPS' position and point out that its time to take this on. Its called Advantage UPS. Look for this. Its well done.

P-Man

tellitstraight

This is a fight that we have to win. If this gets played out in the press and we don't fight back we will look like a bunch of greedy union thugs that can't compete with Fedex. The Fedex claims are ridiculous - on one hand they claim we can't compete in the global express market and then in the next breath they are are pointing to the company profits!!!! I know this will not sit well with some but overall our PR department stinks. All you have to do is look at the 1997 strike and how the Teamsters masterfully won the PR campaign. Everyone should be writing their congressmen and talking to our friends and customers about this --- set the record straight! UPS underestimated the bond between out drivers and customers in 1997 - hopefully Fred is making that same mistake now. I am afraid that if we lose this PR war with FedEx we could point to this as a turning point in our companies history --- and not in a good way. Whether you like UPS or hate UPS (I think most of you actually just like to complain about UPS) this is our lively hood and how we support our families. How many of you could survive without UPS right now? Most of us have a significant financial and emotional attachment to Big Brown. If you didn't you wouldn't be surfing the browncafe in your "free time". Sorry for the rant but this strikes a nerve.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am writing a letter to my Senator and asking that the drivers in my building sign it, then have my driver supe fax it directly to the senators office.

TB

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went over there and made a post on Fred's blog. But it doesn't show, I'm being "moderated"...........:wink2:

satellitedriver

For what it's worth, I suggest *NOT* linking to FedEx's new brown bailout website on discussion boards here. Linking will increase the site's google ranking. Right now, go to google and search 'brown bailout' or 'bailout brown'. The #1 hit is for www.bailoutbrown.com, which has to do with British PM Gordon Brown.

FedEx's site is completely off google's radar right now. The only thing more pathetic than a fake grassroots campaign is a failed fake grassroots campaign.

On the other hand, I'm sure lots of people are very interested in Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his recent problems. They can find all kinds of info about that at www.bailoutbrown.com. :happy-very:
NLB,(notlookingback) is dead on.
Linking to the site only gives credibility to it.
Bypass the link and do a search.
But, in doing so, Google will add the search, to their paradigm.
Like it or not.
No one escapes Google's all seeing eye.

PS;
I hope bbag enjoys this post.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The opening video the website brownbailout.com is hilarious. The guy says that "UPS is trying to get senate to pass legislation to give them a bailout and put Fed Ex at a disadvantage"

How is it a "disadvantage" for Fed-Ex? I am asking, is UPS not at the disadvatage at least according to Fed Ex being non-union and also under the RLA, and any "evening of the playign field" would only be that ?

WestBrown

This web site brownbailout.com (which is payed for by FedEx) has a blog on it. Let's see if it will take blogs for both sides of the argument.

gata

Some good stuff posted on UPSers.com. . .

FedEx's Campaign Against Labor Law: We Want to Hear From You
Do you think FedEx's publicity campaign will make a difference . . . how do you feel about their tactics . . . is UPS responding in an appropriate way . . . are you more motivated to go after FedEx packages through sales leads program? Log on and sound off here too.

A Campaign Aimed at a Rival Could End Up Haunting FedEx
Article examines the new FedEx campaign and questions whether or not this could bring damage to their brand.

RLA Summary
The RLA is designed to apply to airline- and railroad-specific employees only.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think FedEx's campaign will come back to bite them in the fanny. I think real people will see through their ploy.

UPS just needs to stay on the "high road" and let FDX hang themselves.:peaceful:

over9five

Staff member
Does sending them an e-mail through the web form carry the same weight as a real letter?

I think it used to be that a letter carried more weight. I would always write a letter rather then web-form.

But now, many Congressional web-sites say the web-form is preferred. This is from Senator Kennedy's website (red emphasis added):

"Mail Delay

Although mail delivery to the United States Capitol offices has resumed, the delivery process is still very slow and not yet back to normal. Until the mail process is more timely, the best way to contact me or my Washington, DC staff remains either by fax at (202) 224-2417, phone at (202) 224-4543 or preferably via the contact form on this page."

over9five

Staff member
Like it or not.

PS;
I hope bbag enjoys this post.

LBBLNPI???? I don't get it.

over9five

Staff member
As was mentioned here, a letter writing campaign is coming. Its starting with Georgia, and then will mover to other states. This is supported by the Teamsters, and UPS will supply some samples and points to consider. They think this will take about 15 minutes.

Also, a communication is coming in a day or two.

It will explain UPS' position and point out that its time to take this on. Its called Advantage UPS. Look for this. Its well done.

P-Man

Excellent! Looking forward to it.

bluehdmc

I just called Sen Lautenberg, one of my Senators and on the committee. They took my name and zipcode. Figured a phone call couldn't hurt.

satellitedriver

LBBLNPI???? I don't get it.
This is the order of my post.

Like it or not.

NLBBLN,
Mirror image of the users initials.
bbag likes embedded messages/codes.
Just for fun.

P

pickup

You're slipping ...
You forgot to end your post with "Fred S is a
a) Slimy bastard
b) Satan's Child
c) Child Molester
d) Hater of Unions

Please try and remember to add these to all your posts as I look forward to what new invective you come up with.
Thanx,
Hoax

i put up a comment on the fed ex website blog about how Fred S is an illuminati bohemian grove attending skull and bonser . Apparently, it didn't meet the criteria for posting etiquette. I did notice a comment by a man named Hoke who said something about it being an entertaining video.

I did also notice a few negative(antifedex) comments on the blog. So, some make it through.