BrownCafe 3/6/13 Server Crash Conspiracy Theory

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I suppose that missing posts are being blamed on the crash. :dissapointed:
Servint, the company that manages our dedicated server, totally screwed up the live database and we lost 2+ days of activity. It's totally unacceptable that your contributions here have been lost. I am really sorry about this and encourage you to repost.

S

serenity now

Servint, the company that manages our dedicated server, totally screwed up the live database and we lost 2+ days of activity. It's totally unacceptable that your contributions here have been lost. I am really sorry about this and encourage you to repost.

it's difficult to pick back up once the stream of consciousness has been broken; but i will try

Integrity

Binge Poster
Watch out!!! You have attracted the attention of I.
1BROWNWRENCH,

This is how you or anyone on the BC can get the attention of Integrity.

Sincerely,
I

scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't know where to put this, so here it is. When I cut and paste a story, the site won't let me space some paragraphs in or separate my comments from the piece I post. It's usually on the "edit" feature that I adjust to make it more readable. Tried just spacing real big, but it "self-edits" and posts like a "run on sentence". It's been doing this for about a week now.

Indecisi0n

I didn't know where to put this, so here it is. When I cut and paste a story, the site won't let me space some paragraphs in or separate my comments from the piece I post. It's usually on the "edit" feature that I adjust to make it more readable. Tried just spacing real big, but it "self-edits" and posts like a "run on sentence". It's been doing this for about a week now.

​They are censoring us !! First Amendment!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
​They are censoring us !! First Amendment!!!!
lol......it happens on my comments too. I turned 66 yesterday, and I'm sure my "thought fllter" is completely gone now. It's liberating, but causes trouble with site mods. My pet peeve is run-on sentences and no paragraphs provided for easy reading. Now I am a "run-on".......how fitting!! Of course, having the word "run" as opposed to "runs" associated with me is complimentary at this age!!

UPS Preloader

It's been doing it to me as well, but I find if you "Go Advanced" the problem goes away...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sorry guys... I was told that vbulletin's latest update had fixed this.

There is an internet explorer bug in vbulletin's text editor: CKEditor. I installed a patch for this a few days ago so either your browser is still using an unpatched file that it has cached, or their fix isn't working.

My first suggestion is to clear your browser cache to make sure your browser is using the updated files. If it doesn't resolve the problem clicking on the a/A button and using the standard text editor should be an easy work around.

Please let me know if clearing your browser cache doesn't fix it so that I can file another bug report with vbulletin. It would be helpful to know the browser version you're using too.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
lol......it happens on my comments too. I turned 66 yesterday, and I'm sure my "thought fllter" is completely gone now. It's liberating, but causes trouble with site mods. My pet peeve is run-on sentences and no paragraphs provided for easy reading. Now I am a "run-on".......how fitting!! Of course, having the word "run" as opposed to "runs" associated with me is complimentary at this age!!

Probably that #39 thing. Generally the Thought Filter is supposed to be replaced every 10,000 posts depending on conditions of use.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry guys... I was told that vbulletin's latest update had fixed this.

There is an internet explorer bug in vbulletin's text editor: CKEditor. I installed a patch for this a few days ago so either your browser is still using an unpatched file that it has cached, or their fix isn't working.

My first suggestion is to clear your browser cache to make sure your browser is using the updated files. If it doesn't resolve the problem clicking on the a/A button and using the standard text editor should be an easy work around.

Please let me know if clearing your browser cache doesn't fix it so that I can file another bug report with vbulletin. It would be helpful to know the browser version you're using too.
Bob did the cleaning for me. Now it's back to a different way that happened a few weeks back. It involves an extra step that needs to be taken to cut and paste anything. It involves choosing 'allow' or 'don't allow'. I don't claim to understand it, but I was still able to cut & paste and it just involved an additional step on my part.

I was able to space things and start new paragraphs..........so that part is fixed......I'm OK with the extra step thingy.