Browncafe at work

local804

Most people I talk to about this board either are worried its monitered by UPS or just dont have time to log on a computer. Seeing the way the suits act here in NY, with thier vindictive ways, I understand why some people would be a little scared to log on. A little research of an isp address and the harrassment could start. Even when we have open meetings with union and management, usually the ones who talk about what bothers them at the job and/or the ones who file grievances are the ones who get most the heat in the buildings. Imo, if a contract violation is filed,a retalitory move is even worse.

TOO much time. Pretty sad if you ask me. :happy-very:
That's the beeeeUtiFUL part of message boards such as this one. No one has to ask anyone else if they are spendin too much time on here. FedexExEmployee, I have no problem with you being here, in fact I have defended your right to be here. On the other hand I must defend Tie's right to be on here as much as he wants also. It's sorta like the goose/gander thang, ya know? your statement is what I would call baiting.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have posted on here for a while and i enjoy hearing from everyone all around the world both hourly and management and yes even tie. I have heard others at work talk about this site and i have meet alot of other 705 upsers on here either at meetings or picnics and have made some very good friends through here. I talk on the phone with some of the posters i have come to be-friend from other states.

But what was shocking is back in december after exhausting all my resources, i threatened to call osha because we were being forced to back into gas pumps. That very next day we had district safety out at my hub and copies of my post were emailed to every manager on the premises. I was asked to go to the office and talk with the building manager over my post on here, and i responded by refusing, because i was not on the companies time when i posted so i dont have to address my personal life on company time. Needless to say im not a favorite in my building, but nobody died or got hurt because i believe i did the right thing, and this i can live with!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive never had that happen, but you got called on something you were right about,eh? Nothing like having it in black and white. Good for you, and were you ever a favorite, or did you want to be? Truth stands tall, you shrugged off the harrassment, we need more like you. Thanks from someone who appreciates you standing up for what they know is right.

satellitedriver

I have posted on here for a while and i enjoy hearing from everyone all around the world both hourly and management and yes even tie. I have heard others at work talk about this site and i have meet alot of other 705 upsers on here either at meetings or picnics and have made some very good friends through here. I talk on the phone with some of the posters i have come to be-friend from other states.

But what was shocking is back in december after exhausting all my resources, i threatened to call osha because we were being forced to back into gas pumps. That very next day we had district safety out at my hub and copies of my post were emailed to every manager on the premises. I was asked to go to the office and talk with the building manager over my post on here, and i responded by refusing, because i was not on the companies time when i posted so i dont have to address my personal life on company time. Needless to say im not a favorite in my building, but nobody died or got hurt because i believe i did the right thing, and this i can live with!
You did the right thing.
I would love to be called into the office over anything I have posted on BC.
Hasn't your district committee ever heard the words; "Never back up"?
Sounds, to me, like you were just promoting stated company safety policy and spreading the word to other Upser's across the web.
Heck, they should have given you a safety award.

upsgrunt

Did you deny that the post was yours, and how did they figure out it was you?

feeder53

ADKtrails
I do not worry about who reads the BC as I would say the same in person. This is a great way to express ones issues in a construtive manner. Communications is always needed.

UPS Lifer

705Red

Right is Right. You expressed your opinion on a website that is not affiliated with UPS. I think you should have taken the meeting along with your BA. Two reasons - 1) It gives you a chance to hear what they have to say first hand. 2. If a threat was involved, you would have first hand knowledge to take further action.

If what you say is true - NOBODY has a right to squelch your 1st Amendment Rights. Based on what you say, you are acting on the best interests of the drivers in this matter. Now - it is possible that the management team is trying to understand your point of view further and just wanted to talk to you. By not taking the meeting you can't be sure what the motives were/are.

You should take the meeting and let us know what happens.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Did you deny that the post was yours, and how did they figure out it was you?

Never denied it, and iwas the steward making a stink about that situation. But when you have feeder managers telling you its peak, and the safety manager telling you to address it with the safety commitee so it can be addressed at the next safety meeting what else was i to do? Should i wait for 3 weeks to let safety fix it, or just wait until a driver got hurt or worse before it was fixed? I did what i felt i had to, and i will do it again!!!!!!!!!
705Red

Right is Right. You expressed your opinion on a website that is not affiliated with UPS. I think you should have taken the meeting along with your BA. Two reasons - 1) It gives you a chance to hear what they have to say first hand. 2. If a threat was involved, you would have first hand knowledge to take further action.

If what you say is true - NOBODY has a right to squelch your 1st Amendment Rights. Based on what you say, you are acting on the best interests of the drivers in this matter. Now - it is possible that the management team is trying to understand your point of view further and just wanted to talk to you. By not taking the meeting you can't be sure what the motives were/are.

You should take the meeting and let us know what happens.
Lifer i had spoken with several different managers in an attempt to fix it but they chose not to. They brushed it off as not a big deal, until corporate saw my post. If it was important enough to want to talk to me after the fact, then they should have fixed it at first. IMO.

I come here off of ups's time and on my own time from my own house on my own computer so i dont need to respond to anything at work, unless i am spewing negative bs or slanderous statements.

I would like to thank cheryl for giving us the cafe to communicate with each other and when we need to address an issue, a forum to bring it to corporates attention. Cafers address your issues here and they will get the attenion they deserve.