Browncafe Fantasy Football league

705red

Browncafe Steward
I sent out invites to everyone that played last year. If anyone is interested in playing please post here or pm me and I can fit you in where we dont have returning teams or if enough interest maybe start a 2nd league.

I did make some scoring changes, each TD thrown by a QB is now worth 6 compared to last years 4 pts.

Every running back and wide receiver that has more than 100 yds rushing or receviving gets a 5 pt bonus, and the QB throws for over 300 yds another 5 pt bonus.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
:happy-very:AAAHHHHHH

Sounds like enhanced Drew Brees scoring!!![video=youtube;BjUvCrcEynw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjUvCrcEynw&feature=related[/video]

P

pickup

I'll bet that this thread gets invaded by Mr. Know it all with all of his ideas on how this league should be run

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

dont think you need to worry about Klein... he only plays the Canadian Football fantasy league. It's obvious that it is most superior to the NFL anyway

There are some aspects of the CFL that I would love to see incorporated in to the NFL. The 110 yard field and having two men in motion at the same time make for a wide open offensive game. They also have some cool team names--Montreal Allouettes, Toronto Argonauts and Klein's very own Edmonton Eskimos.

klein

Für Meno :)
Actually, I have not much of a clue about football in total.
Have no clue how those points work.
I did it last year a little, just mostly random picking players on my budweiser NFL facebook league. I did get a few points, but how that really worked, still no clue ! LOL

Anyways, if Budweiser does it again this year (there are real prices to be won weekly, money, jerseys, etc), also ofcourse a trip to the superbowl with the best tiks in the house, then I'll be looking for 1 of you to play it for me, (all prices will be shared, if you become a weekly or end winner).

PS: Upstate, we only have 3 downs, too.
Edmonton is hosting the Greycup (our superbowl), this year, too.
They will have huge parties, and even free zip-lining downtown, like in Vancouver during the Olympics.

tourists24

There are some aspects of the CFL that I would love to see incorporated in to the NFL. The 110 yard field and having two men in motion at the same time make for a wide open offensive game. They also have some cool team names--Montreal Allouettes, Toronto Argonauts and Klein's very own Edmonton Eskimos.

Alleouettes? Really? Now there's an intimidating mascot

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have set up the draft for Sunday August 29th at 10pm Eastern time, if this is not good please speak up sooner than later. I really would like to have everyone here for teh draft, so if Saturday night later would work we can also do that.

There are plenty of time slots open still, but the longer we wait the fewer we can choose from.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Also we have 1 more member that would like to join, if we get an additional member we can do a 12 team league, makes it a little more challenging, but it is just for fun. RIGHT?????

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I sent out invites to everyone that played last year. If anyone is interested in playing please post here or pm me and I can fit you in where we dont have returning teams or if enough interest maybe start a 2nd league.

I did make some scoring changes, each TD thrown by a QB is now worth 6 compared to last years 4 pts.

Every running back and wide receiver that has more than 100 yds rushing or receviving gets a 5 pt bonus, and the QB throws for over 300 yds another 5 pt bonus.

When is that DRAFT?

What website?

Do I need to join the site before a draft?

Does this cost anything?

Do you have any links for us to check this out?

How many players do you draft?

How many teams are in the league?

What if I never played fantasy football...is it hard to learn?
Can someone help me learn?

I will wait for your response. AJ

705red

Browncafe Steward
When is that DRAFT?

Our draft is tonight
What website?

I use ESPN, but Yahoo, NFL.com and many others have sites

Do I need to join the site before a draft?`

Yes and you need to run the Draft software prior to drafting

Does this cost anything?

Not this league, this is for bragging rites. However this is a big business, im in 2 leagues that are $200 a piece, but you can walk away with more than $3,000 if you win.

Do you have any links for us to check this out?

Just go to the sites listed above and click on Fantasy football

How many players do you draft?

It varies from league to league, typically, 2 at each position at least.

How many teams are in the league?

This one is 10, im in a 12, 14 and 24 team league.

What if I never played fantasy football...is it hard to learn?
Can someone help me learn?

Not at all, and for you, I probably could give you a little one on one lesson. :wink2:

I will wait for your response. AJ

Dont forget tonight is our draft.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey Red I'm looking all over to run the draft software? I did this last year do I need to do it again, if so where do I find it?

Also not everyone has checked in, got this email today..

Dear Fantasy Football Team Owner,
This is a reminder that your Browncafe Snake Draft is scheduled for August 29 at 10:00 PM ET, but your league is not yet full.
League Name: Browncafe
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=356755
Be aware that if all team owners don't join at least one hour before the scheduled time, your draft will not be held and you will have to reschedule for another time.
Best of luck with your your team this season!
- ESPN Fantasy Football

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tony, I deleted the 2 teams that had not signed in yet so we would not have any problems like last year. If you have the same computer your fine, if not just follow the steps on ESPN, pretty simple.