Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Mar 13, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Today is frigid in the Northeast. It's dropped 5 degrees since I woke up and my hands were numb after taking out the trash this morning. Had to break out my polar thermals again. Gonna be a fun one out there.
  2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

We had that mess yesterday. Be careful out there guys.
  3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

85 here yesterday. We are getting a cold front today maybe 60 tonight?
  4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

13 degrees here this morning....was 62 yesterday afternoon. Spring, where are you??
  5. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Snowing here, less than an inch fell. Yesterdays forcast looked like Upstate NY was going to get hit hardest.
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

it was supposed to snow here yesterday but temps dropped later that expected so just got a lot of rain. 67 Tuesday and 12 this morning. :2cold:
  9. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

So glad the snow went north. Just about of 1/2 inch of sleet. High of 20 today.
  10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Hard nips today.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Just over a foot with a lot of drifting and blowing. We were down at least 3 loads but all the air was on time.
  12. bringbackdawhale

bringbackdawhale New Member

Temps below zero today and the taliban is still making a big ordeal about wearing a brown hoodie under our jackets. I even had mom sew that dam shield on it and still they have an issue with hoodies. These jackets we get have no type of neck protection from the wind that 40 mph today. Im just trying to stay warm and safe im not trying to make a new fashion statement for christ sake
  13. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

nice to hear it was mostly powder... ice sucks!

at least this coming sat will be up to 60 F again ~ shorts for the 2nd weekend in a row!
  14. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

About 15 degrees today and probably 2 inches of snow but the winds were really bad today with drifting also. Under Armor had to get me through one more day. Thought I was done with it.
  15. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

If you can't buy a neck gaiter, take a ups beanie/sock hat, cut the seams out of the top, then pull it over your head upside down to cover your neck and ears. Then take another sock hat and put on normal. Instant ski mask
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

I had 61 stops today.
  17. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

And small pee pees.
  18. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I wear what keeps me warm, which is a face mask, its black, it was 6 degrees wind chill -0 + all day. I follow rules all day long, when they dont give me the right equipment to keep warm, I use what I can get. Sorry they were out of brown.
    Their warm winter wear needs updated. Badly. If its 25, its fine, the rest of the time best to look the other way.
  19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I can attest to that as a fact.
  20. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Still haven't figured out why people would want to live that far north where it gets that cold. I'm too much of a wimp for cold like that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List