Bruises, Cuts & Injuries

rod

Retired 22 years
I have carried a couple of Band-aids with me for as long as I can remember. Mostly give them away to others who need them but they do come in handy on occasion for me too---especially for those damn paper cuts a person got off the boxes every once in awhile.

Re-Raise

What happened? OTJ injury?

That looks like no fun.
I had some implement disk blades on a two wheeled cart in the cab. I laid them flat on the cart and planned to take them out the steps that way. My route was cut so I was in a manual. I found I didn't have enough room to lean the cart back with gear shift. I got out and grabbed the top blade and the whole cart flipped forward and the other blades slid down the steps and cut through my boot.

They had to open my foot up to repair the secered tendon so I have been off on comp for 8 weeks now. Been walking, but not sure when I'll be back to work.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We got a supervisor that is a year away from 62 and the guy looks so beat down. We have bets on if he is going to have a heart attack at work or not.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I had some implement disk blades on a two wheeled cart in the cab. I laid them flat on the cart and planned to take them out the steps that way. My route was cut so I was in a manual. I found I didn't have enough room to lean the cart back with gear shift. I got out and grabbed the top blade and the whole cart flipped forward and the other blades slid down the steps and cut through my boot.

They had to open my foot up to repair the secered tendon so I have been off on comp for 8 weeks now. Been walking, but not sure when I'll be back to work.
Wow that sucks. Hope you aren't out too long

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
That's weird, I don't recall ever being bruised or scraped. If you follow all the procedures 100% by the book, there's no reason for getting injured everyday .Talk to your Steward or management for tips on preventing injuries.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Make America Great Again 2016
I want you to seize existing

That's weird, I don't recall ever being bruised or scraped. If you follow all the procedures 100% by the book, there's no reason for getting injured everyday .Talk to your Steward or management for tips on preventing injuries.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
Make America Great Again 2016
Are you sure that you didn't get hit in the head and forgot you got injured?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not me since I'm not built like a female.
image.jpg

wayfair

swollen member

I know the company blamed you for it...

You aren't supposed to do it that way.
They don't care if you were trying "to save time"

that's how accidents happen

Re-Raise

I know the company blamed you for it...

You aren't supposed to do it that way.
They don't care if you were trying "to save time"

that's how accidents happen
They had a demo at the pcm the next morning where they said I should have placed the blades one at a time in the cab and leaned over to reach them on the top step. Two blades were each strapped together in the middle so each pair weighed 89 pounds. Seems like a back injury waiting to happen.

Obviously I would do it differently now, but it would be hard to predict that using my existing equipment would have contributed to the injury.

I have been there long enough to know that their hindsight is always perfect.

NXA

Does it happen when you hit your left elbow when you are pulling the handcart thru the bulkhead door to put it away? If so......remember to tuck your elbow into your ribs. I usually grab shelf 1 at the same time.
Pull the cart up the steps, push thru the bulkhead.
It definitely happens then but I always get old ass trucks where the door opens then closes halfway while you're looking for a package...just trying to go to quick
Jam that :censored2: open with the heel of your foot. Sometimes ya gotta jam it open and push the handtruxks thru at once. Nads you need to ask the safety committee to be put on the MTG list.

That said, I get cut all the time.

By The Book

Pull the cart up the steps, push thru the bulkhead.

Jam that :censored2: open with the heel of your foot. Sometimes ya gotta jam it open and push the handtruxks thru at once. Nads you need to ask the safety committee to be put on the MTG list.

That said, I get cut all the time.
Are you saying you pull the handcart up the steps and push it thru the bulkhead? Once it's on the top level what's next?