budda

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by terrymac, Sep 12, 2007.

1. terrymac

terrymac New Member

what do I do with the budda message ive found in my brown cafe message area?

Lasted edited by : Sep 12, 2007
  2. terrymac

terrymac New Member

sorry I miss spelled. buddah maybe,,, er thought I got a warning from the addinistrator how to deal with this. thanks:crying:

3. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

I got one awhile back and disregard the darned thing.

4. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You immediately fall into a lotus position and close your eyes with your hands clasped. You stay that way until we say you can come out.

5. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Message from Buddah via Confucius: "One who f@rts in Church..Sits on pew"

6. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

haha, don't forget to chant
    Amitabha

7. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

What's a "buddah" message?

8. browned_out

browned_out Member

Somebody sent me this private message, I suppose they sent it to other people on this site too.
    Originally Posted by buddha
    Hello,
    I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi" :)

How's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
    buddha
    http://two.xthost.info/buddha

9. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Sounds like a grad. from Soka University.

10. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

What's you Mantra, Terry Mac?

Mine is..."We are the Neanderthals of the future.." :mellow:

11. DS

DS Fenderbender

Terry mac, a few people have recieved this as a private message.
    Cheryl is aware of it.The funny thing is,it is being posted by a non member,so theres no real way to contact them.It does seem quite harmless though.

12. Gman24

Gman24 Member

I got this message about 2 months back. I kinda just disregarded it. No harm done, I guess?????

13. swampy1

swampy1 New Member

So Fla don't know nuthin bout no Budda, Day all Cuban... RIght Diesel!!

14. terrymac

terrymac New Member

Terry Mac says id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

15. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

When the new revolutionary government led by Fidel Castro came to power in 1959, the economic and political situation changed. Many Chinese grocery store owners, having had their properties expropriated by the new government, left Cuba. Most of these settled in the United States, particularly nearby Florida, where they and their U.S.-born children are called Chinese-Americans or Cuban-Americans of Chinese descent, while a relatively few to nearby Dominican Republic and other Latin American countries, and also to U.S.-ruled territory of Puerto Rico, where they are called Chinese Puerto Ricans, Cuban-Puerto Ricans of Chinese descent, or Cuban-Americans of Chinese descent. Chinese refugees to United States include people whose ancestors came to Cuba 10 years before the Cuban Revolution and those from United States. These Chinese American refugees, whose ancestors had come from California, were happy to be back in the United States. As a result of this exodus, the number of pure Chinese dropped sharply in Havana’s Barrio Chino. The places they migrated to had a unique Chinese culture and a popularity of Chinese Cuban restaurants.

16. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Apparently buddha is a spam bot testing the forum software in preparation for future spam attacks. There have been many of the exact same "buddha" private messages and emails reported by administrators of other forums run on this software.

In an effort to block any future use of our system to send spam I've disabled the member to member email and changed the private message flood check (the minimum time that must pass before a user can send another private message) to 5 minutes.

Spam sent by private message is never sent to admins or mods so if anyone ever receives another suspicious private message please immediately forward it to one of the staff so that we can delete the spam messages and ban the user.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll continue to do our best to keep our private message system spam free.

17. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

Thanks Cheryl. You keep a good, clean site here.