Budget Frozen?

greatplains

Did everyone in the district have their budget froze right after peak? we were told the whole district got froze and that even to buy TP they have to put in written request to the higher up's

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did everyone in the district have their budget froze right after peak? we were told the whole district got froze and that even to buy TP they have to put in written request to the higher up's

Budget "freezes" have been around since the dawn of FedEx. I fully expect that we will eventually have to supply our own TP and be charged for the sir we breathe on FedEx property.

greatplains

we were also cut 30 minutes a day due to weather making the trucks late.....I have only been with them since start of peak but got hired on as a permanent part timer...hate to be a complainer but I get a thing in the mail saying everything is going so good and it was a record peak and then right after we get cut hours and told no more $ to spend on stuff....I was just wondering if this is going on across the district like they said or if it's just a way for our managers to make their bonus....I work for ground

CJinx

Our budget wasn't frozen but we were advised to be prepared to justify expenses outside of supplies and urgent equipment/building maintenance.

whenIgetthere

We were told to start an hour later than scheduled yesterday, but all the freight was on time. Only a few of us started at our scheduled times. There was no service disruption, so naturally, a ton of lates. Brilliant!

STFXG

Budgets not frozen here. Just got a new 39" "computer monitor" for the home office.

It's good to be Ground.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was just wondering if this is going on across the district like they said or if it's just a way for our managers to make their bonus....I work for ground[/quote]

I'm thinking this has nothing to do with management getting bonuses, and EVERYHING to do with executives and shareholders getting THEIRS.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Budget "freezes" have been around since the dawn of FedEx. I fully expect that we will eventually have to supply our own TP and be charged for the sir we breathe on FedEx property.

We used to have 5 or 6 first aid boxes in my station. I went looking for a band aid one day, couldn't find one. Asked a CSA where they were..... Oh, management was ordered to take out all but one for the building (for about 200 people), because it wasn't in the budget to supply all the boxes. WTF?!?!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We used to have 5 or 6 first aid boxes in my station. I went looking for a band aid one day, couldn't find one. Asked a CSA where they were..... Oh, management was ordered to take out all but one for the building (for about 200 people), because it wasn't in the budget to supply all the boxes. WTF?!?!

Budget freezes are a great source of excuses too. "Gee, Courier X, I wish I didn't have to send you out 40 over, but we have a budget freeze and we cannot hire". Your First-Aid Kit example is priceless. While they squander millions on DRA and a revolving-door turnover issue, management has a laser beam focus on minor crap like toilet paper and having an excess of band-aids. How retarded is that?

hypo hanna

I'm told those boxes absorb blood really well.

!Retired!

No budget freeze at my station that I know of. They're rewiring for something (I didn't ask) and I was able to order uniforms.

fedupped

Our only day weekly without late freight(13:00-14:30) or adhoc , is Monday. 30-45 minutes daily late start. We in the south. At least we are not taking lunch at 8:30 am lately.

El Morado Diablo

I'm surprised we are even allowed to use the first aid boxes for anything short of a trauma event.

First aid boxes are part of the station auditing process. I think they had to replace our first aid box because it had scissors with the wrong handle color (blue instead of red or vice versa). It's a wonder management doesn't seal the boxes with an inspection date tag like they do the DG cabinets.

SmithBarney

Still spending hand over fist... managers are forcing mandatory uniform orders for people who "appear" to have worn them out. New Soda fountain, new soft serve ice cream machine.. we must be doing something right..

FedExRookie

What are the odds but I know of 3 stations that had several first aid boxes removed, only one of them has about 200 people.....

Edit: I gave my uncle crap, I snapchat him pictures of me taking a ton of supplies from the several we have in our warehouse. :D