Bullets Fired at UPS Truck in Newport News

T

toonertoo

All I want to know is.................................................................. how he had time to get laid on the clock, seriously now people, with the new standards do we even have the time or strength once we get home???????? I would be at least 2.10 instead of 1.5 late. And of course this is just directed at the neanderthals over 35, as we all know the young ones can still do it all and then some, heh, heh.

R

rushfan

I'm 35 and I'm too exhausted after a days work for anything...I mean anything. I guess it's all downhill from now.

S

speeddemon

Dannyboy, the only thing our IE department is interested in catching is a driver who takes 61 minutes of lunch.

D

dannyboy

Tooner,

I have told people before that UPS has us on such a tight schedule for and timed so tight that they would know not only if I had an affair, but also would know how many times I thrust.

As for the 40 minutes you claim to need, I am assuming that that includes the shower time, as we all know after an hour or so on duty we all need one. But that sounds like maybe that would be from the fairer partner in one of these unions, and not a "quickie?"

To hear some of my co workers brag, it should take no more than 120-130 seconds for them to reach the finish line and be back on the road.

d

T

toonertoo

Dannyboy, I was being, I cant spell the word, so I guess I'll use ......sarcastic.
I need an hour to wash the crud off me after a day on the road.
So there goes my lunch and breaks.
I used to hear these stories, and I thought who could get in the mood so quickly?
Sounds dangerous, not my "cup of tea".
Now maybe a few years ago...Nah, not even then.

T

toonertoo

facetious: to joke at an inappropriate time, that was it.
Moreluck, thanks, had to get the websters out on that one

(Message edited by toonertoo on July 20, 2005)

C

crappie

we had a male driver get fired for haveing sex on the clock.Her roommate called UPS and told them.They checked his time and there was a gap of time of doing nothing and and not on lunch.It happens.

T

tieguy

"All I want to know is.................................................................. how he had time to get laid on the clock, seriously now people, with the new standards do we even have the time or strength once we get home???????? I would be at least 2.10 instead of 1.5 late."

Tooner honey I got to ask. How do you know the act would require .6 to complete?........

T

tieguy

UPSdude any idea what the wording is on the discharge for this guy. I take it he is working article 7.

UPS should have put him on the street. Unless the guy was generating a sales lead.

U

upsdude

Tie.......

I don't know the wording, but he is on the street. This situation has made him a very unpopular person in the center.

U

upsdude

That's easy Tie, 5.8 per package. Speaking for myself, I only have one package, do the math.

D

dannyboy

Dude man, that is in seconds, right?

I would thing someone with that fast a pitstop ought to be in the #88.

d

O

over9five

"Adultery and assault are both serious violations while in uniform.."

Well, for the adultery issue.....He wouldn't actually be in uniform!

D

dannyboy

Yes, both are serious charges.

But then it was a few years back, as I was getting ready to leave for work one morning, I got charged with vandalism by one of my neighbors. It seems that I pulled up a post that was in one of my old fence rows after they resurveyed the property. And the little guy I guess thought it should belong to him. His brother and he went to the grand jury and swore under oath that this was a fact.

Two years later and several thousand dollars have proven him sadly mistaken, by at least 30 feet. Yeah I could have sued him but they have nothing to go for.

Point is, any one can say anything. Proving it with documentation is something else.

In this country you are inocent until proven guilty.

Of course we are talking about your charges. As far as stupidity, he is guilty guilty guilty.

d

A

aviationwiz

A friend of mine was telling me a story his FredEx driver told him about a FredEx truck being robbed. This guy approaches the driver in apparently a pretty dead neighberhood, holds a gun to his head, and demands a certain package from the truck, obviously of value. He then ties up the driver in the cargo section and leaves the truck in a mall parking lot. The driver managed to untie himself and went to the side of a busy highway to get help, and not a single motorist stopped. Pretty sad. They later caught the guy because he was apparently the recipient of that package.

T

toonertoo

I dont know why .6 sounded good, I guess I was just doing the math...and being facetious.