Bumper scrape

2old2load

Anyone receive an accident for bumper scrape on road? I'm trying to get my 30 in and I know every driver in the wold has had this happen...it just so happened I was turning around to get out of a set of condos and the dang back bumper scraped the road ...not driveway... I told on car sup about it he said it was probably OK just wanting to know if anyone has been disqualified for this. Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

You should have told them that you accidentally rubbed your bumper while backing through an intersection while blowing bubble gum bubbles.

I believe this would be classified as a tier VII and no bonuses for nobodies.

Scraped the underside of a back bumper? Unless it was pristine and brand new I'd have no recollection of any bumper scrape on the underside of a bumper , Senator.

Geez what next, worrying about tire wear?

BrownTexas

I got high centered yesterday and had to have a tow truck come pull me back 2 feet. We will see what they say today but the mechanic called me yesterday asking about the "breakdown" since the tow truck was called. So I would assume it is a vehicle breakdown and not an accident.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The attitude I've seen down here is if it costs money from an outside service (wrecker) They will try and charge you with an accident. I got stuck once making a U-turn on a desolate road. Ended up taking my meal to cover the time and a customer pulled me out with his pickup.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I got high centered yesterday and had to have a tow truck come pull me back 2 feet. We will see what they say today but the mechanic called me yesterday asking about the "breakdown" since the tow truck was called. So I would assume it is a vehicle breakdown and not an accident.

One of the mid-90's Internationals?

Johney

In the BOG a center manager would never try to hide little scrapes with touch up paint. Every little scratch is an accident. Otherwise it wouldn't be honest!
Come on we're talking about the BOG! What happens in the BOG stays in the BOG!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the BOG a center manager would never try to hide little scrapes with touch up paint. Every little scratch is an accident. Otherwise it wouldn't be honest!

I never said that. What I said was if it cost the company money they will charge you with an accident.

Resident know-it-all.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hey, OP! Are you talking about taking paint off the bottom of the bumper, or gouging pavement.

If pavement, don't worry about the street. If a driveway, you might have a problem.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Depending on where you're driving, gouging the street can bite you in the ass. I had a lady say she was thinking about calling the town after I did it once. I was nice to her and she didn't. Just always tell your on-car right away in case someone does call the town and they want to bill UPS because that can get you fired as an unreported accident. In most cases if it's not a driveway it won't go anywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Depending on where you're driving, gouging the street can bite you in the ass. I had a lady say she was thinking about calling the town after I did it once. I was nice to her and she didn't. Just always tell your on-car right away in case someone does call the town and they want to bill UPS because that can get you fired as an unreported accident. In most cases if it's not a driveway it won't go anywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App

with all the potholes in many streets a gouge (probably cause by driving through a pothole) shouldn't be an issue. Someone's driveway is a completely different situation though.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
with all the potholes in many streets a gouge (probably cause by driving through a pothole) shouldn't be an issue. Someone's driveway is a completely different situation though.
I wasn't talking about driving down the street and hitting a pothole. I'm talking about how most gouges are caused by delivery trucks...trying to turn off the road to go up or down an incline that's too steep (usually on the longer wheelbase trucks). The times I've scraped it has been attempting to drive into or back out of a longass driveway when I was new to the route area.

The only time I ever scraped a driveway was when I was trying to back into a steep driveway to deliver several 70+ lb pieces of pottery barn. I told the homeowner and they said not to worry about it and that it happens all the time. I still told my on-car though.