Bumping scenario not sure about

ManInBrown

I just got my own route this year. It's cut once or twice a week at various times throughout the year. Can I bump another bid driver with less seniority off their bid route, so I can work? Or can I only bump cover drivers who are working?

UPSGUY72

I just got my own route this year. It's cut once or twice a week at various times throughout the year. Can I bump another bid driver with less seniority off their bid route, so I can work? Or can I only bump cover drivers who are working?

As cosmo1 said read your Supplement. However in the area covered under the New England Supplement the answer is your not bumping anyone. If your route is cut you become a cover driver and they put you where you have knowledge and or are needed.. You don't have a choice, cover drivers do bid specific routes to cover there are assigned routes and you could do a different route each day. Although senior cover drivers are usually given better routes to cover...

govols019

You smell that?

Here if your route is cut then you become a cover driver...you can not bump a bid driver regardless of seniority.

margaritaville

You can bump other cover drivers off routes but not drivers like yourself who have a route. Just like a higher senority guy cant bump you off your route. Unless therewas an economy crash and everything had to be re-evaluated maybe..

Indecisi0n

The fact that you go home will make them cut the route more often. Every time they cut your route stay and demand your 8 hours of work. Make it difficult for them and they will stop cutting your route.