Bunch of crap I tell ya

QKRSTKR

We don't have sleeper teams here. But after being in feeders for 2 years I can tell you for a fact there are drivers that I would NO WAY! roll down the highway with.

Insaneasylum

I do under stand that you want some one you trust and can get along with. But what if there is some one you trust and get along with but you tell your buddy to apply just so you can pick him. Is that right?

Insaneasylum

And when I asked about getting to cover vac I was told I need to meet the guys on the runs. But how am I supposed to do that when I'm only getting a couple of days and I don't even know what the hell they look like

Fragile

Are you a package car driver or hired off the street as a feeder driver?

In 804 we don't have off street hire feeder drivers. All feeder drivers here have 20+ seniority either inside or package car.

trickpony1

Sleeper run. 2 guys get in a truck and they drive around, picking up and dropping off trailers until their run is done. While 1 is driving, the other is sleeping.

.......and they are home long enough to mow the lawn, pay the bills, try to remember the wife's name and then they gotta get back in the truck.

What a life.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
.......and they are home long enough to mow the lawn, pay the bills, try to remember the wife's name and then they gotta get back in the truck.

What a life.
What happens if they are approached by a lot lizard. ..what happens in the ups sleeper truck stays in the ups sleeper truck???

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Didn't need an exact number but are there thousands or a couple hundred...I'm sure someone knows an approximate number. ..thanks balls

143 is probably a decent estimate. I'm in a decent sized hub, and we have, I think 5 sleeper runs.

Maybe higher one hundreds, or maybe into the two's, but I can't think much more than that

Coldworld

60 months and counting
143 is probably a decent estimate. I'm in a decent sized hub, and we have, I think 5 sleeper runs.

Maybe higher one hundreds, or maybe into the two's, but I can't think much more than that
I didn't think it would be that high...thinking 20 or 30 so have there been more of these types of runs come open since some of the trailers are coming off the rails within the last year or so??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't think it would be that high...thinking 20 or 30 so have there been more of these types of runs come open since some of the trailers are coming off the rails within the last year or so??
We are adding more when we can. Trying to keep up with fedex transit times.

bigrig

The senior driver or a driver can only choose a partner b driver with seniority. If he has no one to go with him then the next person to make seniority goes with him that way no one gets skipped