Bunch of turkeys

RTURNSONLY

I remember the days when management at our station used to give out turkeys to each employee for the Thanksgiving holiday. I felt that was a nice touch, a pad on the back for a job well-done, a special token of appreciation. But since a few years back, we don't even get a "happy thanksgiving" wish. Im not exaggerating. Is it just us or all others stations also feeling the ax...? What a cheap company this has turned out to be.

BTW, Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Johney

FedEx is following in the steps of UPS as far as cut backs.We use to get turkeys,TL&A's were the sup bought lunch(sometimes for up to four drivers)After work meetings(for entire center) at local pizza joints with pitchers of beer. All gone never to be seen again. So wait my FedEx friend you have only seen the tip of the iceberg as far as cutbacks go.:wink2:

Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Rhoderunner

The only thing we were given is more work. 20+ people UNDER staffed. 11-12 hour days. All the OT you can shake a ppad at. Planning on sleeping the long weekend away. Keep the turkey, just give me my life back.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
We had 8 folk call out today ... didn't care about getting paid for Thanksgiving.

We all planned on using a "PH" to make up for it anyway.

Now that felt good.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I remember the days when management at our station used to give out turkeys to each employee for the Thanksgiving holiday. I felt that was a nice touch, a pad on the back for a job well-done, a special token of appreciation. But since a few years back, we don't even get a "happy thanksgiving" wish. Im not exaggerating. Is it just us or all others stations also feeling the ax...? What a cheap company this has turned out to be.

In all honesty, this is what we'd hear on this board if they gave out turkeys, "Who do they think we are? They're trying to buy us off with a turkey!!! Yeah sure, that will make us forget that we're being screwed."

RTURNSONLY

In all honesty, this is what we'd hear on this board if they gave out turkeys, "Who do they think we are? They're trying to buy us off with a turkey!!! Yeah sure, that will make us forget that we're being screwed."
In all honesty, I disagree. The point here is the company keeps cutting back, giving us less and less, while asking for more and more. All these while treating us like voiceless slaves at the same time. Did Fedex care what a few couriers might say when the little perk was implemented? Of course not. As a matter of fact, the negative comments began when the small token of appreciation magically dissapeared. That's also true with the traditional pension plan, the medical insurance, the Bravo Zulus, the $ payouts, the Employee of the Month award, the X-mas party, the company picnics, etc, etc, etc.