bus crash kills at least 10 after FedEx truck collision

Rainman

Its all good.
No one cares but the few of you non believers and a few believers. This was about a truck accident no? Would you believe that the Crusades were all about Gods glory? I have the feeling it was about gold most the time. I sway neither side by the way. I could care less. But this dribble make me irritated.
Read the history of the Crusades. The reason for the Crusades was because the Muslims were attacking Jerusalem and the surrounding areas raping, murdering, and torturing everyone who was not Muslim forcing them to convert, leave or die. It was a defensive measure for the holy land, requested by the emperor at Constantinople.Dig a little deeper and you'll find out there's more to the story than the spin that some people would have you believe.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

overflowed

Read the history of the Crusades. The reason for the Crusades was because the Muslims were attacking Jerusalem and the surrounding areas raping, murdering, and torturing everyone who was not Muslim forcing them to convert, leave or die. It was a defensive measure for the holy land, requested by the emperor at Constantinople.Dig a little deeper and you'll find out there's more to the story than the spin that some people would have you believe.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
I have, I spent twelve years in parochial schools. I'm glad rainman that you have strong faith. I did at one time as well. I envy you in a way. Because you may have found my post ignorant, you would be surprised. Like your telling me, open your eyes you may see more.

DontThrowPackages

No one cares but the few of you non believers and a few believers. This was about a truck accident no? Would you believe that the Crusades were all about Gods glory? I have the feeling it was about gold most the time. I sway neither side by the way. I could care less. But this dribble make me irritated.
I agree. Spain, in the name of spreading the word, sailed all over the world relieving countries of its Gold. Odds are some of that stolen gold is somewhere under a floor/floors in the Vatican. And the fact that you "could care less" means you can still tolerate the tangent this topic has taken. So I ask you, did those killed in the accident have a soul and are they somewhere cognizant of the fact they're dead?

overflowed

I agree. Spain, in the name of spreading the word, sailed all over the world relieving countries of its Gold. Odds are some of that stolen gold is somewhere under a floor/floors in the Vatican. And the fact that you "could care less" means you can still tolerate the tangent this topic has taken. So I ask you, did those killed in the accident have a soul and are they somewhere cognizant of the fact they're dead?
Faith is a fragile thing. I was never push my faith on you, if you don't believe in God then you'll burn in fiery hells kinda guy. I was an alter boy for many, many years, and no this is not why I lost faith. I spent time around priests and the true Catholics for years. My story is a very personal one, and one I wouldn't hoist on others. Truthfully, probably many stories actually. But, DTP yes I believe those killed have souls. Does that mean I believe in some higher power? Yes, I would say I believe that. Does that make me like the chaos and uncertainty in this world? NO, and that's where my faith went. I have come to my own opinion that if there is one high power, I don't agree with the terms and conditions that come with the contract.

vantexan

Van, you are wrong. I don't "hate" Christianity, but I do hate some of it's followers. Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Fred Phelps etc. As I have always said, "Jesus, please protect me from your followers". I think you secretly hate Islam and other "lesser" religions, even though their practitioners are also overwhelmingly peaceful. Work on your tolerance for others.
I beg to differ. You constantly make sharply negative remarks about Christianity. You come across as very angry towards Christians in general. I think we can have discussions about FedEx without throwing bombs at others too. And let's be clear about my view of Islam. I do believe Christianity is the true religion but I also believe that there are plenty of bad people who've done horrible things in the name of Christianity. Islam recognizes Jesus as one of the greatest prophets but not as the Son of God and are very adamant about that. No doubt there are very good people morally in the Muslim world, and in my opinion they have the right to believe what they want, I just believe they have it wrong. There is however a long history of Muslims attacking and conquering Christian lands, dating back over 1000 years, often putting to the sword those who refused to convert to Islam. The latest terrorism is just the latest chapter in a very large book. If only 10% of Muslims believe they must advance Islam by any means, including violence, that's over 100 million people working towards that end. It's not a matter of hating them, it's a matter of convincing them that they must peacefully coexist with the world around them. And before you say 100 million aren't committing terrorist acts I'm saying that there's a very significant percentage that support those that do such things, through moral and financial support. As long as Muslim schools are preaching hatred of the West, often in our own countries, there will continue to be a long line of impressionable young men and women willing to die for their cause. 9/11 wasn't a one off, there have been in the last 20 years alone numerous attacks that have killed many thousands of people worldwide. When does it stop? It won't, not until the majority of Muslims convince the rest that the days of waging violent jihad against non-believers are over. If the day comes that extremists succeed in setting of a "dirty bomb" or heaven forbid a full fledged nuclear bomb, which Iran is clearly working on, the retribution from the more technologically advanced West may be extremely harsh. Do we just turn a blind eye and let that scenario play out? MFE, you can infer what you want because you will anyways, but as long as the violence persists I'll never see Islam as one of the great religions but rather a cult of personality that endangers us all.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I beg to differ. You constantly make sharply negative remarks about Christianity. You come across as very angry towards Christians in general. I think we can have discussions about FedEx without throwing bombs at others too. And let's be clear about my view of Islam. I do believe Christianity is the true religion but I also believe that there are plenty of bad people who've done horrible things in the name of Christianity. Islam recognizes Jesus as one of the greatest prophets but not as the Son of God and are very adamant about that. No doubt there are very good people morally in the Muslim world, and in my opinion they have the right to believe what they want, I just believe they have it wrong. There is however a long history of Muslims attacking and conquering Christian lands, dating back over 1000 years, often putting to the sword those who refused to convert to Islam. The latest terrorism is just the latest chapter in a very large book. If only 10% of Muslims believe they must advance Islam by any means, including violence, that's over 100 million people working towards that end. It's not a matter of hating them, it's a matter of convincing them that they must peacefully coexist with the world around them. And before you say 100 million aren't committing terrorist acts I'm saying that there's a very significant percentage that support those that do such things, through moral and financial support. As long as Muslim schools are preaching hatred of the West, often in our own countries, there will continue to be a long line of impressionable young men and women willing to die for their cause. 9/11 wasn't a one off, there have been in the last 20 years alone numerous attacks that have killed many thousands of people worldwide. When does it stop? It won't, not until the majority of Muslims convince the rest that the days of waging violent jihad against non-believers are over. If the day comes that extremists succeed in setting of a "dirty bomb" or heaven forbid a full fledged nuclear bomb, which Iran is clearly working on, the retribution from the more technologically advanced West may be extremely harsh. Do we just turn a blind eye and let that scenario play out? MFE, you can infer what you want because you will anyways, but as long as the violence persists I'll never see Islam as one of the great religions but rather a cult of personality that endangers us all.

I make sharp criticisms of Christianity because they are deserved. The world is full of hypocrite Christians who are just out there to make a buck, utilize guilt and control, and pervert the word of Jesus. Ever hear of Creflo Dollar or Benny Hinn? FedEx? They deserve every Molotov cocktail I toss...and then some. You hate Islam.

vantexan

I make sharp criticisms of Christianity because they are deserved. The world is full of hypocrite Christians who are just out there to make a buck, utilize guilt and control, and pervert the word of Jesus. Ever hear of Creflo Dollar or Benny Hinn? FedEx? They deserve every Molotov cocktail I toss...and then some. You hate Islam.
It must give you great comfort to know what is in other's hearts. The Koran commands Muslims to spread the word to non-believers and to make war upon non-believers who resist. There are large groups in many Muslim countries who believe that with all sincerity and are acting on it. Do you deny that? Again, the U.S. allows Muslims to practice their faith as long as they aren't physically harming others. I don't want to deny them that right in any way, but I don't accept their teachings. Apparently in your estimation not agreeing with their theology and pointing out the serious problems caused by their extremists makes me a hater. Are the women who are brutalized by Muslim extremists haters too for risking their lives to denounce such treatment?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It must give you great comfort to know what is in other's hearts. The Koran commands Muslims to spread the word to non-believers and to make war upon non-believers who resist. There are large groups in many Muslim countries who believe that with all sincerity and are acting on it. Do you deny that? Again, the U.S. allows Muslims to practice their faith as long as they aren't physically harming others. I don't want to deny them that right in any way, but I don't accept their teachings. Apparently in your estimation not agreeing with their theology and pointing out the serious problems caused by their extremists makes me a hater. Are the women who are brutalized by Muslim extremists haters too for risking their lives to denounce such treatment?

None of the Muslims I know want to harm anyone, but if one were to listen to you, they're all in their basements plotting our overthrow on their prayer rugs. Wouldn't it be great if they would just accept your ideas? Your extremists aren't much better than theirs, especially in the oppression of women department.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First, I'll take the Jews over the Muslims in 6 rounds. Second, back on topic. The FedEx Freight driver in the Orland wreck went on-duty in Sacramento at 10am, swapped-out a set in Weed (near the CA/OR border), and was on his way back to Sacramento when his rig hit a small car, then veered over the median. On-duty just over 7 hours, which the media (MSN.com) is reporting as a "long day", which it wasn't. Sounds like a normal day right up until the accident. Got to love the media.

vantexan

None of the Muslims I know want to harm anyone, but if one were to listen to you, they're all in their basements plotting our overthrow on their prayer rugs. Wouldn't it be great if they would just accept your ideas? Your extremists aren't much better than theirs, especially in the oppression of women department.
No, I said a percentage of them support terrorism, not all of them. And our extremists aren't much better? Right now in the more fundamentalist Muslim countries women can't leave their own homes unless covered head to toe and accompanied by a male relative. They aren't allowed to drive either. In even some of the more progressive countries like Dubai if a woman is raped she must produce a number of male witnesses to the rape to charge the rapist. Women have been beaten, imprisoned, even executed as whores for bringing rape charges and not being able to produce witnesses. In Saudi Arabia they have religious police who's sole purpose is to make sure their citizens, especially women, comply with Sharia law in their appearance, etc. About 6 or 7 years ago there were a bunch of school girls who tried to flee a burning school and were driven back into it with whips by said police because they weren't properly covered. They died. And in some areas girls aren't allowed to be educated. In our own country a number of teenage girls have been murdered by their parents, especially their fathers, for the crime of being too Western. The FBI got one of those murders on tape as the parents stabbed their daughter to death. Heard it on 20/20. You are either unaware or being disingenuous comparing Christian extremists with Muslim ones. A Christian fundamentalist says you shouldn't get drunk or even drink, shouldn't dance, dress modestly, not have premarital sex, shouldn't be violent. Only a very few twist the Bible and do things like bomb abortion clinics, which most fundamentalists disagree with as it's against their non-violent teachings. Compare that with the extremism in the Muslim world that produces violent terrorist acts in every corner of the world. That suppresses the rights of women and treats them like chattel. Only someone who truly hates Christians would say Christians are just as bad.

DontThrowPackages

Faith is a fragile thing. I was never push my faith on you, if you don't believe in God then you'll burn in fiery hells kinda guy. I was an alter boy for many, many years, and no this is not why I lost faith. I spent time around priests and the true Catholics for years. My story is a very personal one, and one I wouldn't hoist on others. Truthfully, probably many stories actually. But, DTP yes I believe those killed have souls. Does that mean I believe in some higher power? Yes, I would say I believe that. Does that make me like the chaos and uncertainty in this world? NO, and that's where my faith went. I have come to my own opinion that if there is one high power, I don't agree with the terms and conditions that come with the contract.
If what I'm thinking about your response is in any way true, I want to apologize for what you or some young kid/kids went through in that environment and I'll leave it at that. And on Soul, and higher power, I'll respect your answer as no one truly knows and the only way to find out is to die. One day we will all know for sure.

overflowed

If what I'm thinking about your response is in any way true, I want to apologize for what you or some young kid/kids went through in that environment and I'll leave it at that. And on Soul, and higher power, I'll respect your answer as no one truly knows and the only way to find out is to die. One day we will all know for sure.
I meant in a somewhat joking way the alter boy part was not the reason for the way I think now. Nothing untoward happened there, I do remember one adult in particular always volunteering to be around us and we all thought he was to be avoided at all cost. Strange to think as young boys we were already quite aware of the problem. Never thought of it till now. DTP you are correct we'll all find out one day.