Business and 21st Century: UNION not needed

NHDRVR

All good points...

and as much as I have a problem with the way the union does things AS A BUSINESS, we, as drivers, do have a unique job in a number of ways.

1st, we are an organized labor force that works under DOT and HazMat regulations but the bulk of which are not considered commercial drivers (license).

2nd, we are expected to be a sales group which does not fall under any category in out current contract.

I can't come up with another company in package delivery that comes close to our workload and expectations.

FedEx doesn't have the volume or expect as much work from their drivers. A FedEx driver can spin this one as much as he/she wants....We work harder.

USPS drivers would die in a week handling the weight and working the hours we do.

So, in an ideal environment, our future will have both the Union (not necessarily Teamsters) and the company keeping an eye on our pension and maybe I will get to have some of it when I am of age which, the way it is going and if the Union doesn't bankrupt itself, should be by age 87...

NHDRVR

Also,

UPS has a valid point in NOT wanting their health/welfare benefits going to retired teamsters that didn't work for UPS.

I'm breaking my back for someone elses pension and I may not get one???

pretty sweet