Business casual every day for females?

wkmac

wkmac

Have most of the Renaissance cds. Very good. Got me thinking about Fireballet, Seventh Wave and Triumvirat.

I play bass in a classic rock band. We are on sort of a hiatus at the moment. Play a lot of Stones, Moody Blues, Beatles, etc. Our keyboard player used to have a mellotron. Bought it new back in the early 70s. He has since sold it and now has the definitive mellotron and chamberlain library sampled into his Emu. Can't tell the difference and more reliable on the road. One of my favorite instruments. He has a solo "new age" career and has a couple of cds out that draw worldwide critical acclaim. He has been featured on "Music From the Hearts of Space", an NPR program on Sunday nights. Quite talented and self taught (as we all are). All of us (except one) played together in the late 60s early 70s, then life happened. It has been a joy to do it all again and a much needed break from the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

Seems we have very similar tastes in music as I enjoy listening to "In the Mood" as much as "Court of the Crimson King", "Night on bald Mountain" as much as "19th Nervous Breakdown" , "Clare de Lune" as much as "Heart of the Sunrise". And the list goes on......

Truimvirat. Spartacus! Yeah I remember them. A 3 piece like ELP. Saw them in 74' with Jefferson Starship and Boston and mostly went to the show to see them (T-Rat)but I was interested in Boston because of of MIT grad Tom Scholz and his new approach to recording and production. This was early on before they (Boston)really launched it big around 1976'.

Saw Renaissance several times and between Annie's vocie and Jon bass it was always good. If you play bass you've got to know who Jaco Pastorius is? And speaking of fretless, about 2 years ago my then 14 year old and I met Tony Franklin who is now a rep with SWR but in the 80's was the bass player for Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers in The Firm and can this guy play a fretless bass. He spent nearly an hour with my daughter one on one teaching her several techniques on the fret and fretless bass and even let her play his personal fretless bass. Talk about a super, super person. And he also gave her one of the best lectures about the evils of the drug trappings that you see in rock music and the importance of staying focused on your music and maintaining a pure and clean spirit. Hearing this from someone firsthand who's been through it sure had a positive impact on my daughter and to Tony I'll always be greatful.

And speaking of great bass players, Tony Levin. Check out Liquid Tension experiment where Tony plays bass and the Chapman Stick. He's awesome on the stick. Also if you like mellotron's and other synth's then check out this video from a NAMM show a couple of years ago and I think you'll know the guy on the Keys!:wink:

Also if you like Gabriel era Genesis then check out the tribute band The Musical Box. I saw Genesis twice with Gabriel in 74' and then in 75' and I saw the musical box and I had to pinch myself several times to make sure I knew I wasn't back in 74'. They are very good and both Steve Hackett and Phil Collins have come up on stage and played with them.

Here's a vid of Phil's appearance:

dudebro said:
I am a huge fan of King Crimson, both the early days, the middle period marked by the Red album, and especially the 81-84 lineup that produced Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair. Managed to see those guys in one of those concerts on the pier on the westside of Manhattan back in 84.

I know the psychedelic music period of the latter 60's with bands like Pink Floyd and Iron Butterfly had a huge impact but IMO Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King really started it all as progressive rock goes. Several years ago I was reading a thesis on music and in it the discussion turned to the progressive rock era and specifically KC. The writer also came to the same conclusion about Crimson King but he also made a strong arguement that the same album laid a similar foundation for metal music. Yeah metal! The proof was 21st Century Schzoid Man and sure enough if you listen to the music is does have that heavy almost metallic vibe to it. Now it lacks the over the top heavy distortion most common with metal but you hear the concept within the music itself. I was surprised to say the least after listening to this song with new ears.

I was only able to see KC one time in 1974' and Robin Trower (I love his guitar work even till now) was on the bill with them. During the show Bob Fripp was side stage watching Trower and the reverse was true when Crimson played. Years later I learned that the 2 of them wanted to work together on a project and it never came to pass and that's a real shame IMO.

Bob Fripp recently recorded on the new Porcupine Tree CD "Fear of a Blank Planet" on the tracks "Way Out of Here" and "Nil Recurring" and toured with PT some on their last tour in the States.

Man this is awesome to learn there really are people at UPS with great tastes in music!

:lol::lol::lol:
:thumbup1: