Business dr

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I DR to business sometimes because the people at the front desk might be taking an important call or briefly stepped out so they leave a note that says to "Please leave the package by the door." I see nothing wrong with that to be honest as long as it's a secure location.

A weird thing happened at one of my stops to a Resi where I had two packages. The first one DR'd no problem but the second one which was a surepost amazon brought up the selection screen.
That's not the methods. Signature for all commercial stops except shipper release

JL 0513

This makes no sense since this year UPS started gathering DIAD info to precisely differentiate business/residential and all the variations. And now the DIAD no longer allows business DR when up to a few months ago it would allow it. This is company wide. So I don't understand some locations doing the opposite. So all of your business customers will be paying the residential surcharge?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This makes no sense since this year UPS started gathering DIAD info to precisely differentiate business/residential and all the variations. And now the DIAD no longer allows business DR when up to a few months ago it would allow it. This is company wide. So I don't understand some locations doing the opposite. So all of your business customers will be paying the residential surcharge?
Nope. Hit rel num then hit commercial. Only done on single piece stops, two or more you get a sidgey.

Rack em

Made the Podium
No way in hell should you be doing that. Not only you could lose your job. But, you will be paying for a valuable package one of these days
Good way to lose your job
I don't do it for businesses in town, but for the places out of town who aren't ever there to sign. A lot of the drivers in my center do this. They can't fire someone unless they forge someone's name, there is nothing wrong with signing my own name. I do understand that if I signed my name and the person claimed they didn't get it that I would be responsible, but most of the people out in the country are cool

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't do it for businesses in town, but for the places out of town who aren't ever there to sign. A lot of the drivers in my center do this. They can't fire someone unless they forge someone's name, there is nothing wrong with signing my own name. I do understand that if I signed my name and the person claimed they didn't get it that I would be responsible, but most of the people out in the country are cool

I am a country route driver. I got about 30 signature releases

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm a cover driver so I just do what the normal driver says and leave the peoples stuff like they would.

So this happened last Thursday actually, I was on a route I haven't done before and its all rural. I have a stop 20 miles one way out and its sig required and they weren't there so I NI1'd it and drove the 20 miles back. The next day I was on the route again and both the regular driver AND my supervisor told me to just sign for the package (sign my name) and leave it because thats what the normal driver always does.

Edd Orion

Still not worth the risk, have them do edn, and put a signature release on file.

Edd Orion

I'm a cover driver so I just do what the normal driver says and leave the peoples stuff like they would.

So this happened last Thursday actually, I was on a route I haven't done before and its all rural. I have a stop 20 miles one way out and its sig required and they weren't there so I NI1'd it and drove the 20 miles back. The next day I was on the route again and both the regular driver AND my supervisor told me to just sign for the package (sign my name) and leave it because thats what the normal driver always does.
Ask your supe, if he will put that in writing w the union steward present, releasing u from liability

StoptheAct1212

Listen. . Do whatever is necessary for you customer to be happy with out service... we may get in trouble but, we are the ones dealing with the customers.... dont tell me you interrupt a psychologist in session to get a signature someone in a important meeting... its only fair that we can Dr Met Customer... """:some"" of us Have common sence. We should be allowed to make a judgment call on a business dr... now your stupid if you dr a bulkstop to a customer that deals with alot of :censored2:... or a big company.... there is alwYs someone looking to make a move....