Business dr

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Listen. . Do whatever is necessary for you customer to be happy with out service... we may get in trouble but, we are the ones dealing with the customers.... dont tell me you interrupt a psychologist in session to get a signature someone in a important meeting... its only fair that we can Dr Met Customer... """:some"" of us Have common sence. We should be allowed to make a judgment call on a business dr... now your stupid if you dr a bulkstop to a customer that deals with alot of :censored2:... or a big company.... there is alwYs someone looking to make a move....

While I agree with your line of thinking and appreciate your devotion to customer service, DRing businesses creates unnecessary billing issues.

BostonBo

This makes no sense since this year UPS started gathering DIAD info to precisely differentiate business/residential and all the variations. And now the DIAD no longer allows business DR when up to a few months ago it would allow it. This is company wide. So I don't understand some locations doing the opposite. So all of your business customers will be paying the residential surcharge?
Welcome to UPS.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
One problem is that changes are constantly made to the diad software without the driver having any knowledge of said changes.

Had a surepost for a QVC queen at a doctor's office the other day (shipper release). I walked in to the reception area, handed it to her, and back out the door.

Tried to close the stop and (no DR) appeared on the screen. Put my initials, verified my initials, and kept trucking.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Shippers are charged based on whether the consignee is residential or commercial. When you DR at a commercial stop UPS will bill the shipper for the difference. The shipper will normally pass that cost along to the consignee.

Which has always seemed backward to me. The additional charge should be levied when I must find some clown that will sign, and then trying to decipher their scribble.

porkwagon

Shippers are charged based on whether the consignee is residential or commercial. When you DR at a commercial stop UPS will bill the shipper for the difference. The shipper will normally pass that cost along to the consignee.
With this DR at business thing, we use release number, the option of com or res is on screen so when we choose com, do you think that would affect the billing? I don't know, just asking. Do you know for certain one way or the other?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
One problem is that changes are constantly made to the diad software without the driver having any knowledge of said changes.

Had a surepost for a QVC queen at a doctor's office the other day (shipper release). I walked in to the reception area, handed it to her, and back out the door.

Tried to close the stop and (no DR) appeared on the screen. Put my initials, verified my initials, and kept trucking.
Now you talkin' crazy! Here at UPS, trained professionals work endlessly to give our DIAD cutting edge technology. The last thing we want to do, is ask, or give, any input from or to, the exact people that use the programs we write!

StoptheAct1212

While I agree with your line of thinking and appreciate your devotion to customer service, DRing businesses creates unnecessary billing issues.
All it takes is updating the program in the diad... they can re arrange our routs to nonsence, they can add a option on delivery by click of a button..

Ms.PacMan

So I was right all along?

You shouldn't have to create a rule for an issue that should be common sense.

Then UPS should have the clerks audit those packages and charge a fee similar to an address or weight correction because we are losing revenue if a shipper chooses the least expensive shipping option knowing that we will "upgrade" the pkg for free.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then UPS should have the clerks audit those packages and charge a fee similar to an address or weight correction because we are losing revenue if a shipper chooses the least expensive shipping option knowing that we will "upgrade" the pkg for free.

100 correct. Surepost should not be going to businesses; however, we should never DR at a business.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I would not want to work a DFU for a DR at a business.

100 correct. Surepost should not be going to businesses; however, we should never DR at a business.

Should they just forge the customer name like you have admitted doing??

Imagine working that DFU.