bust my ass still get yelled at by pt sup

Box Ox

Do not tolerate being treated like that. Tell your supervisor he will treat you with respect whether he likes you and your work or not. If a sup treated people like that at my center my Local would be all over it and it would be dealt with very quickly.

And for God's sake, if you don't have egress, shut it down or leave the area because you're working in an unsafe environment. You cannot get in trouble for that.

watdaflock?

I get around 400 pph. But my sup still yells at me for not going faster.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.
Haro stu'?

Octave

I nearly quit because of this exact situation with my sup.

Either make loud grunting noises until he leaves your work area or go do what you gotta do to make it stop. I made it stop and since then it's been a much less stressful environment, sup will still sometimes get on me for moving faster but it's no longer all day every day when I'm moving 1300+ packages at 300 PPH. Some sups will always think it's their job to tell you to move faster, but follow the methods, work safe, and they can't touch you. Personally, I like seeing how I can improve my PPH, makes the job "fun" when I can compete with myself, but that's just how I deal with it.

The issue I had with my sup was remarkably similar to what you're describing here. When I started all my coworkers warned me that he was a pain in the ass and to not take him too seriously. I didn't talk back and would just nod and keep working. Nothing changed until I made it change. That's something you'll have to learn here, you'll keep getting stepped on until you bite back, then they'll know when to ease off you. Be like a rattle snake. Make noise and they'll leave you alone.

It got to a point with my sup where on a day when they gave me an extra truck (bulk to clothing store with 400 some pieces, brick loaded through the whole thing), he told me I wasn't working hard enough and that I needed to move faster. This was in the middle of the summer, I was drenched in sweat, and moving my fastest. I put the box I was holding down, told him that I was doing my best, and that his continued harassment was not helping. His response was that he didn't believe me. At that point I just told him that if he didn't believe me then there was nothing I could do to change his mind. I kept working, he left for a bit then came back and we went through the same thing again...so I gave him the spark notes (told him to :censored2: off).

It kept going until one day that last straw fell and I walked up to HR to turn in my ID. When asked why I just said that I was being asked to work an inhuman pace and harassed when I couldn't, HR told me to wait one moment, called up my FT sup who told me I didn't have to listen to a damn thing my PT sup told me and to just keep doing my job (and that I was doing it very well). Whatever, I bought it, kept doing my job. I'm glad I didn't walk out on it, it's still a pain in the ass some days but the benefits are insane, it's part time, and now I can tell my sup to :censored2: off whenever I get pissed and that really brightens the mood.

(I could have handled it better, and should have, but I didn't know the grievance process. I would recommend you find your steward and talk to him about it. Best of luck.)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have given the advice here and in person. Get thick skin smile at them and say "I am doing my best" As long as you are moving to the work and and using proper
methods they can do nothing !!

Last edited:

Faceplanted

It's amazing how soft people are these days. If u don't like how somebody is talking to you... tell them, don't talk to me like that. If it continues talk to them with the same disrespect they give u. It's not rocket science.

This is what happens when you give kids medals for participation.

Kirtus

File a grievance or ask your FT sup to transfer you to a different area or cry to the HR person.

Don't take it up the rear from those goons. They'll just keep doing the same thing.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
2 ways to handle this. nice. tell the bully that you are doing the best you can and if he yells again you will file for harassment and then do it.

not so nice but works too. next time he yells , scream I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN :censored2:!!!!! NOW LEAVE ME THE :censored2: ALONE!!!!

both ways work. my guess ....you will use the first way or be a pusillanimous the rest of your life.

Thanks for the advice. Btw I've noticed some of you think I'm a unloader. No I'm a loader, I build walls. The jam I was referring to happened at unload and then hit me very hard. Sorry for the confusion.

trickpony1

After you have clocked out go get your steward and walk up to the PT supe and have the Steward say, "we need to talk.".

Things should change after that. If it doesn't...,.file.

wayfair

swollen member
I get around 400 pph. But my sup still yells at me for not going faster.

Yesterday, we had a really huge jam in unload and it hit me really hard and I simply couldn't deal with it. My sup came in and said "you have no idea what's going on do you? Snap out of it. You have no clue do you?". He broke my jams and yelled "GO! Pick it up! You suck today!" I always get upset with him for saying this but I usually just nod in acknowledgement.

Today he did the same thing. I was going at over 400 pph but he came in again telling me I was going too slow. I was really busting my ass. As usual the end of the trailer had egress issues with packages falling off and building up.

So my sup comes in again today while I was trashed and tells me he'll powerload for me. Well he started power loading, while yelling about how the packages wouldn't fit. And he started complaining about my egress and said that it should be completely clean and he started freaking out and screaming really loud and said "THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, I HAVE NO PLACE TO MOVE BECAUSE OF THIS REALLY MESSY EGRESS". I told him that it's something I have to deal with all the time and that the packages were out of my reach when they fell off.
He said I should have picked them up at the start of the day when the flow was lighter. But I said that the packages didn't fall off the belt at the start of the day, but much later.

At the end of the day he always yells at me to "MOVE" and get the irregs in as quickly as possible. Even though I'm already moving quickly. It just makes me upset because his yelling doesn't actually affect my speed and his rude behaviour is demoralizing. All the other employees hate him and have confronted him. He has personally told me he's trying to get one of them fired. He tries to write them up all the time or report them to the full time. I guess I'm his favorite since I never talk back. But another sup told me he makes fun of me behind my back. I have never confronted him because I don't want him to write me up out of spite

Anyway, I was angry at him but I always try to remain as calm as possible. I asked another sup on how to deal with him and he said "don't worry about him, he's always crying on the radio, he's not from the area so how would he know? next time he gives you trouble tell him "how would you know?". I told him that I couldn't say something like that because it's too rude.

laugh and tell him to show you how it's done.. he probably has less than 6 mos doing the job.... and he's teaching it...