But how would you quit

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What an a-hole.

We had a driver do the same thing, call from the tavern at 6:00 with a car full of stops, and I wound up staying out until 10:00 every night that week trying to get caught up.

If you want to quit, at least have enough respect for your coworkers to call in that morning instead of stiffing an entire route.
If he's gonna go to that much trouble...why not rip out telematics...take the battery out of the diad....park the PC in some obscure location on your route. Then call the center and tell your sup to come and find it....lol

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What an a-hole.

We had a driver do the same thing, call from the tavern at 6:00 with a car full of stops, and I wound up staying out until 10:00 every night that week trying to get caught up.

If you want to quit, at least have enough respect for your coworkers to call in that morning instead of stiffing an entire route.

No, this was long ago, long before we had harassment language.

The center manager and DM had real hard-ons for him only because he wasn't afraid to stand up for himself. I remember days he had three supes riding with him.

Fedex Guy

No, this was long ago, long before we had harassment language.

The center manager and DM had real hard-ons for him only because he wasn't afraid to stand up for himself. I remember days he had three supes riding with him.
Just curious, but how is that even possible?

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

MattE

I'm just a preloader with only a couple of years in, so I would wait until the brought a large cut sheet. And when they weren't looking walk out the front door of a truck and never look back.

That said if we're talking years from now, I'd do the two weeks and collect my retirement along with my lottery money. But sitting in the parking lot with a boat waving at everyone would be quite enjoyable for a couple of weeks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Z

ZQXC

When I leave I plan to give 3 months notice; no one will remember the date. My retirement date will coincide with the last day of a two week vacation.

The Friday before vacation will be a completely normal work day and.........................................................................................................................................................................................they will never see me again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Three supes got in the truck and rode with him. Long before jumpseats or even seatbelts.
I had 2 sups on board with me once, and that was in a P600 that didnt even have a jump seat. One stood where the jump seat should have been, the other stood just inside the open bulkhead door and held on to the wooden shelves. That was the production ride from hell, I was a rookie and they were a couple of nasty old ball-busting harpies. It was pointed out to me later on that I could have gotten rid of two really bad management people in one shot simply by cramming on the brakes at 55MPH and letting nature take its course.