Buying a Fedex Ground Route

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
e2babda9-cc9c-54d1-ba57-0e749f229a68.image.jpg

LOFL. That truly looks professional, doesn't it? Ground colors, wrong opco, and done by a 12 year old with a brush.

bacha29

X is always after Ground guys to repaint their trucks. Looks like a new paint job and by the way in the past you always were billed for new decals when you repainted. Looks like a admirable alternative to having to buy the honor of having X decals on the side of your truck.

Exec32

ISP is a stronger model. It is much easier to defend than the IC model. I don't think fedex is very exposed on liabilities there. Even multiple route contractors in the IC were properly classified, they only get settlements for weeks they were also full-time drivers. It's hard to drive full time and manage at least 4 other routes.

Why does everyone here have such blind faith in the teamsters? There have been large contractors, 50+ employees, for at least a decade. I've never heard of any of them voting in a union. There's no reason that will change. The biggest hurdle the teamsters face is RTW and the entire American culture.
They are each strong models for Fedex, it is all about control. Why does it take a 70 page contract to deliver a package!
Think about it, also how is this not an itregal part of their core business?
Think of it how you like, as a contractor I know what I am, an underpaid employee with no benefits.

bacha29

They are each strong models for Fedex, it is all about control. Why does it take a 70 page contract to deliver a package!
Think of it how you like, as a contractor I know what I am, an underpaid employee with no benefits.
A " contractor" is to Fedex Ground what a "coyote" is to a California produce grower.

bbsam

Staff member
So why do you stay?

Exec32

So why do you stay?
Because it can work. I have other people relying on me to include my employees. Most importantly I actually enjoy 90% of what I do. That does not mean I am happy with how we are treated.
If all contractors would really understand their contract, correct X when it is wrong , and stop allowing X to manipulate contractor vs conteactor then we would all have something we could call a business. I cannot do it alone, and i do not give up.

bbsam

Staff member
Because it can work. I have other people relying on me to include my employees. Most importantly I actually enjoy 90% of what I do. That does not mean I am happy with how we are treated.
If all contractors would really understand their contract, correct X when it is wrong , and stop allowing X to manipulate contractor vs conteactor then we would all have something we could call a business. I cannot do it alone, and i do not give up.
But you malign those who do not see it exactly as you do.

bacha29

Remember what I said earlier. When it comes to command and control you're an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk, liability and variable costs you are an employee. And never ever forget the fact the business model does not in any way shape or form exist for the purpose of creating equity for contractors. One other thing do not over extend your stay to the point where you find yourself caught in the vise of competing economic interests meaning that you stayed too long and found
yourself caught between downward pressure on rates and revenue and upward wage pressure coming from the people who are responsible enough to the point where they can be entrusted with the task of representing your interests.

bbsam

Staff member
Remember what i said earlier (and over and over).

If you don't like the model, get the law changed. It is astounding how something that seems straightforward can be convoluted and twisted when 5he gray area of the law is delved into.