Buyouts official plan announcement

Goldilocks

Re: Buyouts official plan announcement: new details

Ok, whats happening with this. No one has said a word at our station. Are topped out couriers going to be offered a buyout?

vantexan

Re: Buyouts official plan announcement: new details

Ok, whats happening with this. No one has said a word at our station. Are topped out couriers going to be offered a buyout?

Everything I heard before today was that salaried workers, mostly in Memphis, were the buyout's target. Then a coworker calls me this morning and says managers told them in morning meeting yesterday that FTers with at least 5 years of continuous service were eligible. Then he calls me back and apologizes, it's for "non-essential" personnel only. And couriers are essential. I just don't get why they sent this info to stations. And not explain it better to the mgrs.

hypo hanna

My guess is it won't be extended to station employees. They will probably see how many are going to take the initial offer and either offer a better package to get more to accept or offer it to other work groups. Station managers, couriers and dispatchers will IMO be last to get a buyout offer. I hope I'm wrong on that.

vantexan

My guess is it won't be extended to station employees. They will probably see how many are going to take the initial offer and either offer a better package to get more to accept or offer it to other work groups. Station managers, couriers and dispatchers will IMO be last to get a buyout offer. I hope I'm wrong on that.

If they give in and offer to couriers too that's fine with me no matter when.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They have repeatedly said that hourly employees would not be offered buyouts. They know that they can make the courier job miserable enough to get rid of a lot of people. If that doesn't work, slashing hours will have the same effect.

Goldilocks

They have repeatedly said that hourly employees would not be offered buyouts. They know that they can make the courier job miserable enough to get rid of a lot of people. If that doesn't work, slashing hours will have the same effect.

Our station is almost 100 percent live with DRA. Most drivers are getting MORE hours. We simply do not have the staff.

MAKAVELI

Our station is almost 100 percent live with DRA. Most drivers are getting MORE hours. We simply do not have the staff.

Of course you are getting more hours, it is peak.

Goldilocks

Well after 28 years with Fedex as a courier believe me, I know what peak is all about. DRA creats more routes than our station has people. So they changed the end times from 1500 to 1600 to create less routes. Most are getting between 9 to 10 hours a day. But when we lose those BIG ACCOUNTS I'm sure its going to ballace things out. Hopefully we will all be overstaffed then they can target and offer us the couriers a buy out. Think positive thoughts.....

MAKAVELI

Well after 28 years with Fedex as a courier believe me, I know what peak is all about. DRA creats more routes than our station has people. So they changed the end times from 1500 to 1600 to create less routes. Most are getting between 9 to 10 hours a day. But when we lose those BIG ACCOUNTS I'm sure its going to ballace things out. Hopefully we will all be overstaffed then they can target and offer us the couriers a buy out. Think positive thoughts.....

Not much positive has come from this company since I started. It's been doom and gloom and cut, cut, cut from the start. I don't think that philosophy is going to change only get worse. So good luck to you and your positive thinking. I guess we will see in couple of months.

Goldilocks

Not much positive has come from this company since I started. It's been doom and gloom and cut, cut, cut from the start. I don't think that philosophy is going to change only get worse. So good luck to you and your positive thinking. I guess we will see in couple of months.

My positive thinking is about a buyout. Thats it....Its been fun, but time to go.....

MAKAVELI

My positive thinking is about a buyout. Thats it....Its been fun, but time to go.....

You've been with FedEx for 28 years and still don't know that they don't give a ratts ass about us couriers? It didn't take me that long to figure that out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I feel like I'm talking to a rock. There will be NO buyouts for hourlies. They've said it from the very beginning of the discussion. There is no reason to buy anyone out when they can starve then out instead. There is no contract to buyout, as there would be in a union organization. Listen to what MT3 has been saying....attrition, attrition, attrition. That's the way they'll do it, even for a 28 year courier like yourself. Maybe you won't leave, but many will, and they are counting on that.

I've seen the progression in your posts from the happy-clappy Purple Person to the employee who now says "it's been fun, but time to go...". You've written your own epitaph.

55+

I agree with goldi on this one..they are too beholdin to the investors and dont hav time to wait for attrition to happen...buyout is going to happen..remember, they hav a lot of cuts to make and their pockets are deep thanks to our hard work .

Goldilocks

I feel like I'm talking to a rock. There will be NO buyouts for hourlies. They've said it from the very beginning of the discussion. There is no reason to buy anyone out when they can starve then out instead. There is no contract to buyout, as there would be in a union organization. Listen to what MT3 has been saying....attrition, attrition, attrition. That's the way they'll do it, even for a 28 year courier like yourself. Maybe you won't leave, but many will, and they are counting on that.

I've seen the progression in your posts from the happy-clappy Purple Person to the employee who now says "it's been fun, but time to go...". You've written your own epitaph.

Guess I'm just one of those happy people that not a lot bothers me.....

MAKAVELI

Guess I'm just one of those happy people that not a lot bothers me.....

If you were so happy I don't think you would be thinking about a buyout.