Buyouts official plan announcement

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you were so happy I don't think you would be thinking about a buyout.

Exactly. Why would anyone want to leave such a happy place? Actually, now you all have me thinking that in the Opposite World of Illogic that is FedEx, that maybe, just maybe, they are trying to scare as many people off as they can to avoid as many buyouts as possible. I really don't think they will do it, but if they do, I want to be first in line for my check.

Goldilocks

Exactly. Why would anyone want to leave such a happy place? Actually, now you all have me thinking that in the Opposite World of Illogic that is FedEx, that maybe, just maybe, they are trying to scare as many people off as they can to avoid as many buyouts as possible. I really don't think they will do it, but if they do, I want to be first in line for my check.

Its so good to see you back here. I really missed your uplifting post. Smile.....MrFedex, you too are at retirement age, correct? Are you waiting for something to happen or are you a glutton for punishment....

Here's what I think is going to happen. This is just my opinion. DRA is creating more routes than most stations can handle. Their theory for the creation of DRA was to get everyone off the clock before 1500 and reduce all overtime. This cannot be done because too many routes not enough people. RIGHT NOW.

In January, when Express loses those Big Accounts, its going to take an opposite effect. Too many people not enough work.

I believe they gave Express a two year plan. Maybe they want all large accounts switched over within two years. You are going to see people standing around twiddling thier thumbs for work. I dont know about you guys but at our station the managers have lightened up on olcc and disciplinary letters, unless neccesary. They are allowing us to do our jobs without interference. I smell something happening. Not sure what. I have been approached by several managers and asked what they can do to make the moral better. This happened after the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT in October. I'm curious to know how things are at your stations. Something is going to happen, just dont know what. Had a courier tell me that he delivered a package to a lady who works in IT for Fedex, she works out of her home, must be nice, but she did tell him that they are laying off lots of IT employees. This is the begining.....

Rhoderunner

I dont know about you guys but at our station the managers have lightened up on olcc and disciplinary letters, unless neccesary. They are allowing us to do our jobs without interference. I smell something happening. Not sure what.

Same here. We have a interim SM cleaning up a mess (lots of problems from a route restructure gone bad). In a AM roll call meeting he had the ops mgrs say all OLCC for Oct would be null n void and then they each held up a stack of them and ripped them in half in front of the crew. Way to kind, really trying to 'buy' some morale. We are so screwed this peak and they really need us to step it up. But I'm with you, all this will be forgotten come January.

Artee

It appears that it is now available for all employees that are management and below that have 5+ years of continuous service. I just saw it late last night posted on the FedEx intranet home page. Not sure of all the details, but some excitement for employees who are within 5 years of retirement and wouldn't mind getting out early.

Rumor is also FedEx is looking to close down near 70 ramps.

Goldilocks

It appears that it is now available for all employees that are management and below that have 5+ years of continuous service. I just saw it late last night posted on the FedEx intranet home page. Not sure of all the details, but some excitement for employees who are within 5 years of retirement and wouldn't mind getting out early.

I saw that this morning but did not have a chance to read it. Can someone get the latest information on Buyouts. Its on the home page.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The key part is that this still only applies to hourly staff, administrative salaried positions, and some managers. It's possible that they are opening it up to more people, but I highly doubt it.

I haven't heard 70 ramps, but I have heard some strong rumors about SJCR going away, among others. Don't know where you are based, but this could be a real issue for RTDs.

Last edited:

vantexan

The key part is that this still only applies to hourly staff, administrative salaried positions, and some managers. It's possible that they are opening it up to more people, but I highly doubt it.

I haven't heard 70 ramps, but I have heard some strong rumors about SJCR going away, among others. Don't know where you are based, but this could be a real issue for RTDs.

I just looked at it, and it does appear that it's available to all employees, FT and PT, with at least 5 years of continuous service. There aren't any specific groups targeted that I can see, and it'll be handled on a workgroup by workgroup basis, depending on operational needs as to how many in a workgroup will be allowed to take the buyout. If 8 in a workgroup want it, for example, and they are only allowing 3 out of that group, then the three most senior who want it get it. There's and updated Q & A dated 12/17 that explains it. They are sending out packets to al eligible employees in February, and you have to decide by April 1st. Interesting detail is that if you have 20 years of continuous service plus at least one day, then for purposes of the buyout you'd have 21 years and get 21 months, not 20, of pay.

Rhoderunner

Heard something about ramp locations being reassigned and being under the control of the nearest/biggest station they serve. Wild speculation here but could AGTT (whatever they call it now) be eliminated or downsized ??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Heard something about ramp locations being reassigned and being under the control of the nearest/biggest station they serve. Wild speculation here but could AGTT (whatever they call it now) be eliminated or downsized ??

AGFS. Maybe, but that might mean going back to the old system where RTDs were couriers who only operated the CTVs part of the time. It doesn't make sense, so they'll probably do it!

Rhoderunner

AGFS. Maybe, but that might mean going back to the old system where RTDs were couriers who only operated the CTVs part of the time. It doesn't make sense, so they'll probably do it!

AAAH, the old days. Was part of that early AM crew that drove over to service the aircraft in the morning way back in the day when it was the old system. Good days !!

vantexan

I just looked at it, and it does appear that it's available to all employees, FT and PT, with at least 5 years of continuous service. There aren't any specific groups targeted that I can see, and it'll be handled on a workgroup by workgroup basis, depending on operational needs as to how many in a workgroup will be allowed to take the buyout. If 8 in a workgroup want it, for example, and they are only allowing 3 out of that group, then the three most senior who want it get it. There's and updated Q & A dated 12/17 that explains it. They are sending out packets to al eligible employees in February, and you have to decide by April 1st. Interesting detail is that if you have 20 years of continuous service plus at least one day, then for purposes of the buyout you'd have 21 years and get 21 months, not 20, of pay.

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else look at the Intranet homepage? It sure looks like it's available to most employees.

hypo hanna

Before you get too excited... There is still that whole "operational needs" caveat. They decide how many from a particular workgroup can go. Don't know for certain but my gut tells me it will be a much smaller percentage in the field. The dispatchers are going to get screwed.

SmithBarney

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else look at the Intranet homepage? It sure looks like it's available to most employees.

Well there is no specification, and there is a part that says certain groups might be "carved out" of the buyout package. If it's offered to CRRs,Obviously they aren't going to allow %50 of CRRs in a given STA to take a buyout, if it's offered at all, it would probably be at a 20:1 ratio or something like that.

vantexan

Before you get too excited... There is still that whole "operational needs" caveat. They decide how many from a particular workgroup can go. Don't know for certain but my gut tells me it will be a much smaller percentage in the field. The dispatchers are going to get screwed.

Yes but if they do push a lot of freight over to Ground there will be plenty of couriers with not enough to do. They talked before of the buyout being in three waves. Couriers might go later as they get a handle on needs.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Agfs All Good For Something
bpp Better Pickup Pace
olcc Over Loaded Cargo Container
dra Don't Runover Anybody
roads Roll Over And Die System
ipp Ipad Police
pup Power Useless Pad
rtd Right Turn Dummy

dano Did Another No-no

10 points for each definition provided!!!!

Anyone care to give more details about shutting down SJCR? I know someone that works there and they apparently only use it for outbound. Used to be the inbound ramp for San Jose area too?