Buyouts official plan announcement

whenIgetthere

I've been asked a dozen times this week if I "will take a buyout in February" by couriers in my station. My reply to tell them is to ask them what in the world makes them think couriers will ever be offered a buyout. Almost all have just shaken their heads and walked away. They still don't get it! I don't know why they are asking me anyways, I'm about 2/3rds of the way to the bottom of seniority in my station. My manager asked me again how I know more than most about these things, and I again told her "the internet, it's a great tool."

STFXG

The 1800 number is actually just collecting the information of unmotivated workers that they can target for termination at a later date.

hypo hanna

The 1800 number is actually just collecting the information of unmotivated workers that they can target for termination at a later date.
Now they have your employee number, job classification, and location. Gives them some numbers to crunch and know where and how much more they can screw drivers.

Rhoderunner

Was told by our SM today that it is still only for salaried and a very few hourlies in support positions for at least the first 2 rounds. IF it ever reaches couriers it will be in round 3 which is likely a year away if not longer. Makes sense, if they don't get the numbers they want in the first 2 rounds then we have a chance. I'd say it's slim to none and slim just walked out the door.

vantexan

Was told by our SM today that it is still only for salaried and a very few hourlies in support positions for at least the first 2 rounds. IF it ever reaches couriers it will be in round 3 which is likely a year away if not longer. Makes sense, if they don't get the numbers they want in the first 2 rounds then we have a chance. I'd say it's slim to none and slim just walked out the door.

I'd be happy with that if it happens. But do us a favor and be clear with us as to exactly what to expect instead of posting statements like "all FT and PT employees with 5 years of continuous service are eligible". And educate mgrs about specifics as they seem to be as in the dark as we are. And tell mgrs if any of them try to screw with our minds on this they'll be out of a job. Most likely it won't happen for couriers which just illustrates the contempt they show for us. Many, many years of takeaways, making us jump through all kinds of hoops, pay progression a joke, and now they can't see their way to include us. Absolutely no respect for the people that make it happen for them.

overflowed

I think they'll definitely offer the old school ops managers a buyout. From what I understand pay progression for them is just as bad. The ones been around a long time make good money. The new ones not so much. Flip side of this coin, you remember the last time ops managers were bought out? Guess they didn't learn the first time.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think they'll definitely offer the old school ops managers a buyout. From what I understand pay progression for them is just as bad. The ones been around a long time make good money. The new ones not so much. Flip side of this coin, you remember the last time ops managers were bought out? Guess they didn't learn the first time.

It's almost if Fred is TRYING to destroy the company.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It's almost if Fred is TRYING to destroy the company.
sadly enough, just like the Titanic, that ship has already sailed....

and speaking of Titanic, what the heck was that Captain's name again?

like so many of the passengers on that ill-fated voyage, we know the ship is doomed, thanks to foolish decisions from those in command whom we trusted. But because there simply aren't enough lifeboats for all, we can do nothing but keep crawling further and further towards the stern as the once-proud vessel sinks lower and lower.
And as we do, we find ourselves thinking back to that sunny day when we first stepped through the portal. "Welcome aboard!" called the Captain's officers warmly. "you are about to embark upon a fabulous and rewarding journey. And rest assured you are in good hands and shall be well taken care of. You see, we consider you to be our most valuable asset!" - and we believed.

And perhaps most pathetic of all, we watch as some of our fellow passengers naively continue to walk the decks, still believing they're actually going somewhere.

hypo hanna

I guess it's just human nature for some to continue believing the lies. To accept the truth would mean they had wasted much of their best years on a false promise. this is why many woman stay in abusive relationships.