Bye, bye, Bart Stupak...another one bites the dust.

klein

Für Meno :)
He chooses not to run....like he even had a chance of winning. He sold out and leaves with shame :sad-little:

Not according to the Washington Post :

with the passage of health care reform - the main issue on which he ran eighteen years ago - finally completed, Stupak decided his work in Washington was done.
His allies forcefully pushed back on the idea that his retirement was due in any way to the Tea Party movement's focus on defeating him in the fall, pointing out that he had regularly - and easily -- won re-election in the swing district.
Stupak's seat, which takes in much of northern Michigan's Upper Peninsula, will be a major takeover target for Republicans. Obama carried it with with 50 percent in 2008.

And remember, Michigan is a northern State, that actually borders Canada.
They know much more about how National Healthcare works.

klein

Klein, I live 30 minutes from the border and 1 hour from Montreal and don't have the slightest idea how National Healthcare works.

Well, I guess you don't interact with the Canadian vistors, as much as the more service sector does (cab drivers, bartenders, waitresses, hotel managers, etc).
I was actually at the MIller Alehouse in Florida... when the waitress asked me about our Healthcare (me having a cdn sweater jacket on).

I told her how it was: First of all she would get a wage increase to atleast $8.50/hr (min wage here), secondly from that income, you need to declare 10% tips, (not more).
Never need to worry about healthcare costs, but expect about a 25% deduction from gross pay. (earn $400 a week = $300 net).

She just responded: "I sure wished we had that here !"

Can't recall now, if I told her how much more cigs and booze are here though. But, I sure pointed that out, almost everywhere I went.
Those items are extra taxed for healthcare costs.

brett636

I would argue that they know nothing about your healthcare system. Otherwise politicians like Bart Stupak would have never gotten elected as any well educated American would know better than to wish that were here.

klein

I would argue that they know nothing about your healthcare system. Otherwise politicians like Bart Stupak would have never gotten elected as any well educated American would know better than to wish that were here.

Just remember, we had the exact same system as yours, until the mid 60's.
We let it go.

And us Canucks don't care. It's your loss, our gain. And damm proud of it, that we never need to worry about healthcare costs, be it family, friends or relatives, everyone is safe and sound and secure.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

So what your saying is the closer you get to Canada the more of a possibility that you will become retarded and think goverment control is a good thing?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Not according to the Washington Post :

with the passage of health care reform - the main issue on which he ran eighteen years ago - finally completed, Stupak decided his work in Washington was done.
His allies forcefully pushed back on the idea that his retirement was due in any way to the Tea Party movement's focus on defeating him in the fall, pointing out that he had regularly - and easily -- won re-election in the swing district.
Stupak's seat, which takes in much of northern Michigan's Upper Peninsula, will be a major takeover target for Republicans. Obama carried it with with 50 percent in 2008.

And currently they have about a 25% unemployment rate, so he thought now would be the best time to spend more quality time with his family { meaning...he not sure he could win again }

klein

If you have the chance, try watching the show "Your $$$$$" on CNN this weekend. They have it subtitled as I.O.U.S.A.
It's all about the huge US national debt and deficit. How it effects the country and it's citizens in the future, and what has to be done to avoid the country going into bankrupt turmoil.

Trust me, it's very interessting, but yet scary.
It's unbias, all they have are some financial experts dicussing how to get it turned around.
Topics vary from SS, Defense, Medicare, Healthcare, etc.
China are Europe are also mentioned.

After watching think that, you'll probably think a bit differently.