Bye Bye for now....Amazon

norcalbrown

Amazon Pantry is BEAST! Why leave the house to lug a bunch of heavy household goods YOURSELF when a nice person in a brown uniform will bring it to the front door, maybe even bring it inside. Let alone the 40 lb. bag of dog food. Thanks, UPS.

P

pickup

I picked up a feeder load at Amazon the other day. I brought an empty trailer and dropped it and hooked up the loaded trailer. Normally, there is a seal on the back of Amazon trailers, but not this time. I opened the trailer door to find two flat screen televisions teeter tottering on the top of the last pallet. They were loaded with the screens facing downward. In other words, they were loaded with total disregard to the arrows on the boxes indicating which side should be facing up.

I repositioned the packages so they would not get damaged in transit, but if there were a seal on the trailer, I wouldn't have gotten back there and those two television sets would have fallen and most likely would have resulted in some damage. It hurt my eyes just to see those two units loaded like that, how could the loaders just put those on like that when there was plenty of room in the trailer to load them correctly?

UPSGUY72

Amazon can't drop us or any other they use they ship to much daily for the othet carriers to handle which is the reason in the first place they use multiple carriers.

working up a sweat

Amazon is opening a new million square foot warehouse in Windsor CT. Amazon is hiring between 300 and 500 people there.

I work at the Bradley air hub 4 miles away. We are now hiring package handlers to take on the additional volume.

Lots of rumors about added volume here. But we don't know specifics on how much yet. I heard that they opening up at least one of the 2 dormant belts here. We run 6 belts on night sort of 8 belts in the hub now.

The average PTer gets 10-12 hours a week here. I expect that number to go up to 16-18 hours if we get the additional volume.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Amazon is opening a new million square foot warehouse in Windsor CT. Amazon is hiring between 300 and 500 people there.

I work at the Bradley air hub 4 miles away. We are now hiring package handlers to take on the additional volume.

Lots of rumors about added volume here. But we don't know specifics on how much yet. I heard that they opening up at least one of the 2 dormant belts here. We run 6 belts on night sort of 8 belts in the hub now.

The average PTer gets 10-12 hours a week here. I expect that number to go up to 16-18 hours if we get the additional volume.
10-12 hours a week...that's ridiculous..I was at 20 to 25 a week when working in the hub..does 10 hours even allow for health care benefits??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

PTers get 10-12 hours a week? What about their guarantee?

Fragile

You guys have to remember one thing about Amazon packages... stop density. You deliver more of these packages in a denser area (often several pieces per stop) so while our rates may be severely discounted, it's still profitable.