Bye Bye for now....Amazon

Yup . Amazon drivers are all over Philadelphia. coming to a theater near you . And if you google search Amazon delivery drivers there is over 100 articles go check it out

TUT

Amazon started delivering packages to my address themselves so far 4/4 packages had been return to the seller for conflict on the address, a address where FedEx, UPS and USPS delivered before on time with no problem. this was funny actually i called and complained to amazon and requested a full Prime membership refund, the lady offered me $75 and i told her " no i want my full $105.21 dollars that i paid for a service for a year which now its been 3 times you failed to honor" put me on wait for 2 minutes then puff full refund will be issue in 2-4 business days.

On the route im doing, im not going to lie, amazon people is delivering packages to the wrong addresses which i find kinda funny. One of the drivers showed me their machine and told me they deliver the package where the GPS says, they dont even worry about reading the numbers on the wall.

You told them you were from UPS to, right?

TUT

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/First-Del...very-Driver-Customer-Service-c501d0f7d7fc58ed

$105.00 for a 10 hour day plus weekends in San Diego? Where do I sign?

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Inpax-Shipping-Solutions/jobs/Delivery-Driver-83a9dd5b80408ae8
$10 an hour with weekends, evenings and holidays? In Chicago $10 an hour should definitely buy you a really nice house, right? Yeah baby!

Yeah at that rate if it works, Amazon will save lots of money. This is pretty much the end game that has been alluded to. You'll still see Amazon, their logistics systems are smart enough to know where each carrier will be needed.

I recall when Amazon was looking at buying Fedex (rumor) and they didn't like how it was setup. Well, that company can pull down over $500 million profit per quarter, something Amazon can't do. So sort of funny when it failed their check.

I suppose on to more profitable packages. I sure wouldn't do too many favors in pricing for them.

T

Turdferguson

Hello: I'm actually a UPS customer - the end-customer, as it happens - and I have an instructive story to tell. For many years, I've been a customer of Drugstore.com - Walgreens' online presence - and they used to ship UPS. But, according to a drugstore.com manager I was speaking to several years ago, complaining about a missing delivery, they were going to dump UPS and switch to FedEx as a result of too many customer complaints similar to mine. And sure enough, about two months later, I noticed that all my drugstore.com deliveries were being made by FedEx instead of by UPS.

Now, what led me to this forum was me holding on the phone with UPS customer 'service', trying to track down a missing Home Depot order. It has just vanished, into the UPS Brown Hole. My question is this: just how many multi-million-dollar corporate accounts can UPS afford to lose, before we're talking about 'real money'? :wink:
What was in the Home Depot box?
Was it weed?.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah at that rate if it works, Amazon will save lots of money. This is pretty much the end game that has been alluded to. You'll still see Amazon, their logistics systems are smart enough to know where each carrier will be needed.

I recall when Amazon was looking at buying Fedex (rumor) and they didn't like how it was setup. Well, that company can pull down over $500 million profit per quarter, something Amazon can't do. So sort of funny when it failed their check.

I suppose on to more profitable packages. I sure wouldn't do too many favors in pricing for them.
Until Amazon starts losing money from missing orders and poor customer service with the delivery. Cheap labor gets you cheap results. It can easily turn a company like Amazon into a Sears. In retail, customer satisfaction and getting the product to them in a timely manner in one piece is the name of the game. When they constantly have to resend orders due to theft or misdelivery, that'll kill their already thin profit margins.

I see them going in a terrible direction real quick

Scuba Steve

Amazon's service is already starting to fail. Just about every order I placed has taken longer to ship than in previous years.
Last week I ordered something and it took 3 days for them to ship it and 2 days for it to arrive. This was from their DC just 20 minutes from my house...

They have built a number of DC's, a lot of them do not make sense. We have two within 25 miles from each other???? This takes away the advantage of tax free online orders too in markets that have an Amazon DC.

Walmart is gearing up to compete directly against Amazon. They are building DC's. It is going to be a separate entity away from Walmart core retail business to go head to head with Amazon.

I feel Amazon will be facing some challenges. You can tell by a hair rained idea every week from them in the news.
One thing I learned in business was to treat your vendors as partners. You invest in them and they will invest in you.

jf2424

Volume in my hub has dropped dramatically and we've seen a ton of dumb :censored2: being done to try and compensate.

I also heard we were losing a significant chunk of Amazon due to damages.
Could be if you're putting a bunch of it in "pig"(53"s) trailers like FedEx. When I was unloading at UPS it was a given, everything on the bottom was smashed. USPS puts Amazon in very large boxes. However, does anyone make any money off them? they like their employees demand you work for damn near free.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Amazon's service is already starting to fail. Just about every order I placed has taken longer to ship than in previous years.
Last week I ordered something and it took 3 days for them to ship it and 2 days for it to arrive. This was from their DC just 20 minutes from my house...

They have built a number of DC's, a lot of them do not make sense. We have two within 25 miles from each other???? This takes away the advantage of tax free online orders too in markets that have an Amazon DC.

Walmart is gearing up to compete directly against Amazon. They are building DC's. It is going to be a separate entity away from Walmart core retail business to go head to head with Amazon.

I feel Amazon will be facing some challenges. You can tell by a hair rained idea every week from them in the news.
One thing I learned in business was to treat your vendors as partners. You invest in them and they will invest in you.
This is true my packages are taking longer and longer to ship. I'm about to drop prime unless the TV side of it gets much better.

MoarTape

The last several packages I've ordered via the prime 2day shipping have all been USPS. One is currently MIA and they used parcel post..

mmmbrownies

Over the last 6 weeks, I've had 5 Amazon orders. 4 of them were USPS, and the latest was UPS. No rhyme or reason in terms of box size or weight, but they all arrived within 2 business days. On the truck however, there's plenty of Amazon being delivered.

Fragile

I think someone will wipe Amazon of the map... how that will affect us... only time will tell. Perhaps a new e-tailer will replace the work in our trucks.

I was really upset when the post office was delivering Amazon packages on Memorial Day. Shame on them. Federally funded program backed by the US Constitution and they're ringing door bells on a day we are supposed to remember all our heroes.